“OMG! How have I missed this place? Best BBQ in Tampa Bay!”
Review of M-n-m Bbq

M-n-m Bbq
Ranked #215 of 999 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Reviewed 8 July 2018

We went here last night because a friend was performing the live music. The menu is BBQ all the way: chopped pork or chicken, sausage, and upgraded selections of brisket and smoked salmon. Sides are beans, slaw, collard greens, potato salad and two upcharge selections of a stuffed potato and a Mac n cheese. Wife had the brisket and I had chopped chicken. Both were outstanding! Sauce choices are a Carolina mustard based, a typical tangy red style, and a spicy hot sauce. All were very good. Dinners come with a bun, pickles and garlic pita bread, and sides (1 or 2). I had the greens and slaw. The greens were perfectly prepared with some chopped meat in them (looked like pork) and very tasty. I would have liked a vinegar to put on them, but that is being real picky. Slaw is dressed in a non-mayo poppy seed dressing that is light and the perfect balance of sweet and tart. Might be my new favorite slaw.

Lots of great beer choices, plus wine and sangria. Specials on the board at the door were excellent values. You can eat for $10 or you can spend $20 and get more food than you'll likely eat. Either way, I think you'll find this to be the best BBQ in Tampa Bay. I have always bemoaned the fact that Tampa Bay had mediocre BBQ. Not anymore. This place is the best. Open for lunch and dinner. It is casual and small, which makes for the perfect BBQ joint. They also do carry out with call-ahead. I saw a lot of this in the 90 minutes we were there enjoying the music.

1  Thank FlaCrab

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

They smoked a whole pig for our wedding with sides to die for ! We were more than happy and my husband and I are BBQ junkies :)

Reviewed 23 March 2018

The reviews were great so we headed off to have some of the best ribs in St. Petersburg! What a disappointment. The 3 sauces offered were probably the worst choices I have had in some time. Although the flavor of the ribs was good and the meat was plentiful, the quality was poor. The meat was tough and don't even think of "Fall off the Bone" style ribs because the only real tender parts were where the fat was excessive. The beer was cold and the cold slaw was perhaps the best I have ever had. The staff was very friendly but couldn't make up for the quality of the ribs. We did not try anything else so I can't say what the sandwiches were like or anything else.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

When I walked into M-N-M BBQ, I saw the daily special, and that was what I ordered. I have known the owner from the Saturday Morning Market and enjoyed the servings, so I was looking forward to eating at his restaurant. Instead of the local craft brew, I ordered sweet tea. The true test of a southern BBQ establishment. Yes, it was sweet and refreshing.

We each had a different side dish and we sampled the coleslaw, black-eyed peas and baked beans. No complaints!

The pulled pork did not need BBQ sauce, but I could not resist the (South) Carolina BBQ sauce. Others at the table used the hot sauce and some used the tangy. I was there with my CondoSeniors, who had a niece visiting from Tennessee. She remarked, this is a great find!

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Went hear to listen to my friends “Deserie & Jim” play and ended up with not only great music but a delicious dinner. Had the ribs, potato salad, bacon Mac & Cheese and garlic pita bread. Really, really good. Although the next time I go I will only get one side because it was more than I could eat. Great selection of local craft beers and our servers, Jen and Alice were excellent. Will definitely go again to enjoy both the music and the food....great combination. Definitely a place for locals.

1  Thank Elizabethkeys