All reviews front desk breakfast room three night stay small pool breakfast bar desk staff yogurt i highly recommend this hotel next morning bed was comfortable st pete tropicana field petersburg pillows florida clerk stadium
Reviewed 15 December 2015

Very friendly,receptionist very helpful , fantastic comfortable room, quiet , free wifi, outdoor pool, best hotel I've stayed in at this price range paid £147 for two nights including breakfast , definitely recommend

Room tip: Bought through booking.com to get best price
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank LadyCaldecote
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2015

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We do our best to be the Friendliest, most Knowledgeable, Cleanest and Comfortable hotel in Tampa Bay. I am glad you enjoyed those aspects of your recent stay at the Award Winning Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast Gateway. I hope you will make us your exclusive hotel when traveling to the Sunshine City.

Jeremy Robinson, CHA

Reviewed 11 November 2015

Upon arrival, Vicky Chaleff made me feel that I was a family member. Room clean, comfortable, and "tons" of pillows. Room 316 on front of building. No road noise audible. Hotel undergoing renovation and painting. This did not affect our stay. Contractor had equipment located in parking lot, which was no big deal for us. Purpose of our visit was to attend family wedding in downtown St Petersburg. This property had easy access to I295, which made trip downtown quick and easy. There were fast food outlets really close within walking distance. Other restaurants were not far. Can't speak about public transport because I had not done any research on subject. Room had free wifi that was pretty fast.

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Edward C L
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2015

Hi Edward -

Thank you for being our guest and for going out of your way to place this fantastic review! I am happy to hear Vicky and our staff made you feel like family (in a good way :) As you noticed we are almost finished revamping the exterior of our hotel and I'm glad it didn't affect your stay one bit. The finished product is really going to make us pop! You mentioned your room was clean, you had tons of pillows, it was quiet, convenient and you had great WIFI! Sounds like a great stay! On your next trip to Saint Petersburg the Family Reunion will be with us :)

Jeremy Robinson, CHA

Reviewed 31 October 2015

I attended an event in the Dali Museum area waterfront and needed a room for one night; I did select this hotel based on the rate and the locality (about 10-15 min. from museum area). For a one night stay I found this hotel to be a "well maintained property, comfortable room". I was not extremely impressed, but satisfied with everything, it was a decent average rate (could always be less - smile) clean, friendly helpful staff, decent breakfast, did have good DIY waffle station also some hot food. Traveling alone, I felt safe coming & going to my car at night. Room was very typical, again, satisfied & clean. The Only Critique I would have about the room is the bathroom door & the bathroom fan - design puts that door in conflict with the toilet space; you have to stand back away from toilet to close door - don't know if all rooms like mine. Bathroom fan is connected to light & it is noisey; would have liked them separate. As for pool, I had my coffee in that area (nice, clean) and it is a "small (length), 5'deep pool - but I say "so what". Would return to this hotel

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2015

Thank you for choosing our hotel when your recent travels brought you to visit the #1 Ranked Thing to Do in our Town - The Dali Museum! I am happy to hear you enjoyed all facets of your stay with us here at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast Gateway and that we were a well maintained property with a comfortable room and a nice DIY waffle station. I agree the design of the bathroom doors could have been better and I get mix reviews on the privacy fan but your feedback is much appreciated. I am glad to hear you would return to stay with us again! Thank you again for your patronage.

Reviewed 18 August 2015

This hotel is 3 minutes from our home. We had major electrical work being done at the house that required the power to be off the entire day so we rented a room making sure one would be available for an 8am check-in. The front desk manager was very accommodating.

We had a suite with a sitting area since we were planning to hang out in the air conditioned room or by the pool until the electricians were done for the day.

The outside grounds, public interior areas, and our suite were extremely clean and well maintained. So was the pool area but at the same time it was somewhat disappointing.

The pool itself is of average size compared to ones found at other hotels however the deck area is almost non-existent and they only have room for two chaise lounges (one being broken) and several upright chairs. Also, it appears that they used to have a hot tub which was later turned into a planter.

I would recommend the hotel as it is centrally located to St. Pete, Tampa, and Clearwater. No restaurants in walking distance but plenty within a 3 - 5 minute drive. If you plan to use this hotel as your vacation spot and hang by the pool, you would do better staying at one of the hotels along Ulmerton Road which is only 5 minutes away. That area is actually in Clearwater city limits but functionally it like the outer limits of St. Pete. So search for hotels in Clearwater and look for ones with an Ulmerton Road address.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank William W
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2015

Hi William -

Thank you for your review. I am glad we were able to accommodate you while the electrical work at your house was being completed. As I am sure you found out when calling around check in time at all hotels is at 3PM but considering your circumstances and since we had the room available I am glad we were able to get you into a suite room early at no additional charge. In regards to the no hot tub/planter; No where do we advertise having a hot tub by our pool. However we do have 3 Jacuzzi suite rooms if that is something you are looking for. Also as seen in all of our pictures we have a beautiful Palm Tree Shaded Pool that our guests love to sit under and read the paper. Our hotel is quiet with only 53 rooms and we do mostly corporate business so most of the time when families travel and stay at our hotel it is as if they have their own private pool. Furthermore, our Award Winning Hotel is known for it's service (as you pointed out) and so that is of course something to take into consideration when choosing a hotel.

Reviewed 15 August 2015 via mobile

I took my family down to St. Petersburg to watch the Atlanta Braves take on the Tampa Rays. We chose this hotel because it was affordable and we didn't want to stay where most people were staying which was downtown St. Pete near the stadium. This hotel was not occupied with lots of tourist or loud baseball fans. The staff was helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and roomy. I was quite surprised how nice it really was. The full breakfast was ok; parking not a problem.
Getting to the game:
Do not take the I-275 to the stadium. You will never make it to the game(traffic). The hotel is only 12 mins away from ballpark. Martin Luther king Jr Blvd runs along the hotel. Take that south and it literally runs right into the stadium. There is plenty of parking. Lot 6 &7 are the closest (We used lot 7). Parking is free if your the first 100 cars in the lot with 4 or more in the car. Otherwise it's $15.
Overall our stay was satisfactory. We will be coming back very soon!

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank rich b
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2015

Hi Rich -

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast Gateway when traveling to Saint Petersburg for the Rays/Braves Game. Your recommendation and business is greatly appreciated. We look forward to your return.