“A hidden Gem ”

Rae Rae's Cafe
Ranked #95 of 1,014 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

We discovered Rae Rae’s Cafe last year on our last day while visiting St Pete. We like to check out locally owned places whenever we travel. We were amazed at the home cooked food and VERY reasonable prices. Loved it so much that we went again this year and we brought some friends with us. They loved it too! I got the Philly Cheesesteak Hash, as it was their special this month and I was not disappointed. My kids all enjoyed their French toast and eggs. My husband got the “Have it All” dish which really does have it all. Egg, bacon, pancake, French toast, and grit. The wait staff is very attentive and friendly. We laughed, we cried (tears of joy), and laughed some more. We’ve decided to make Rae Rae’s a St Pete tradition.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

I love to support mom & pop restaurants but I would not return here. We were pleasantly greeted by our server and told we could order breakfast or lunch. I asked if she would recommend the steak and cheese sandwich. She said it was heavenly. I was excited to try it. About 20-25 minutes later she came back and told me that I could not order a meat dish because they don’t have it prepared on the weekend. What?? I then decided on sausage gravy with biscuits and home fries. The biscuits were okay and so was the gravy but it was not very warm and had a salty seasoning on top. The home fries were loaded with the same seasoning which made them inedible. My two dining partners did not receive part of their orders and once it was mentioned they didn’t receive them until the rest of the meal was completed.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

My first impression is not good. It looks old and run down. Concrete floor is black from dirt. Kitchen walls are old. Flies buzzing all around. The staff was friendly. The food was OK. The IHOP has better food. Too bad the Kopper Kitchen across the street was closed.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

We were recommended to this place by many people for the great breakfast, served all day, and we weren’t disappointed. The owner, Dodge, gave us all the time and advice we needed, and the food was fresh, locally sourced, and there was obvious care in the preparation. Just a short distance from the main Treasure Island resort, but well well worth it.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Rae Rae’s Cafe is an unassuming little spot with amazingly delicious food and a super friendly staff. This place is a must for breakfast. Do yourself a favor and order the Country Benny, poached eggs with bacon, sausage patties sitting on a biscuit and they top it with delicious sausage gravy! Omg, this dish is out of this world delicious! You also get a choice of sides. You can’t go wrong here...their grits are creamy and delicious and their home fries are amazing. We will definitely be back next time we are in town.

Date of visit: April 2018