“Great Hotel Resort and Very Beautiful Beach”
Review of Alden Suites

Alden Suites
Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed 15 February 2015

Travel Dates Jan. 22-26 2015 Found this hotel on Expedia it looked very nice with good reviews but didn't book through Expedia because living in the U.S and knowing this was a rather off peak travel time for everyone I took my chances and waited till we arrived in the area and decide for sure this was a good place or not......So we arrive walked in and the lobby was very nice the staff was busy checking folks in but still took time to be friendly and waiting on us quickly the receptionist taking care of us was Buddy Hyer Great guy!! we ask to see our room the first one have to say wasn't so bad but felt it did need some updating also was ground floor and we really like being up higher for the view. So Buddy actually found us another room on the 3rd. floor full size suit and just renovated, and was Very Nice!! So my husband and I agreed on this one and it was PERFECT! Everything was great our 4 day stay from check in till check out. oh and the beach is awesome we took daily walks and comparing to other resorts our beach was by far the best. Also our maid she was AWESOME always making sure we had everything we needed with a smile. Only bad thing about the entire stay was the bed to soft,,, we mentioned that at check out and they said they could have fixed the problem had we ask. Were planning our next trip with Alden's Hotel Resort next year!

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor over looking the pool great room, but next stay I'm shooting for the oc...
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary C
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2015

Nothing like seeing and experiencing a hotel before you book it....Glad you were able to stay with us and I will pass on the kind words to Buddy, our Front Office Manager...

President & part owner

Write a ReviewReviews (1,740)

Reviewed 14 February 2015

Our family has stayed at this resort almost every year since i was a child in the 80's, now as an adult i return here with my children almost every year. I can't say enough about the Alden fantastic staff which always greet you with a smile and a hello, clean rooms...we prefer the nassau suite which is now called pool side because its very spacious with 2 tv's kitchen with a dishwasher. 2 fantastic pools which are always at the perfect temperature, a hot tub that can fit a baseball team... love it!! Lots of covered parking, tennis courts, huge laundry facilities and best of all no resort fees!! Can't wait till april 25/15

the coopers

Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Jon C

I just gotta love repeat guests like the Coopers, who write great reviews of the Alden...BEFORE they arrive! How great is that?

Thanks fore the continued vote of confidence, we look forward to seeing yo in late April...

Reviewed 13 February 2015

I do not know if this will be removed because it is not technically a review of my upcoming stay. I just booked a stay here 22-25. I did so after reading almost all the reviews and responses from management. I really appreciated how each negative review seemed to be addressed and openly explained. I am sure it is possible it is just to make themselves look better, but Management could just as easily not answered. Thank you for helping with my decision making. D.S.

• Stayed: January 2015
3  Thank DLSIAA
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2015

Dear D.S.

Thanks for noticing that I, personally, respond to each and every Trip Advisor review, whether good or bad. It is important to me and when a problem or negative issue arises, I make sure to investigate it thoroughly, and also to thank guests that praise us, because it takes time and effort to say good things as well.

There is a very,very small percentage of people that will say anything, and I mean ANYTHING, in an attempt to receive some sort of compensation, and that is a shame.

When Hampton Inns originally initiated their 100% satisfaction pledge, way back in the 1990's, then did extensive research to find that about 3% of all guests either greatly exaggerated problems or outright lied about their hotel stay, in order to try to receive a free stay or some discount off their room rate!

I only say this because it is only fair that Trip Advisor allows us to respond to any and all reviews.

Thanks for taking the time to review all our reviews in order to get a comfort level before booking with us.

Trip Advisor is the new "Bible" for the lodging (and restaurant) industry, so we take it very seriously...

Reviewed 10 February 2015 via mobile

We stayed at the Alden for 4 nights. We were overall pleased with the hotel. This was our first time in the area.

Staff: very friendly, always willing to recommend locations of places to eat and things to do.

Pools/hot tub: very nice, they were warm and well kept. Enjoyed swimming and relaxing in them.

Poolside studio king: the room was a little dated and the biggest downf to our stay was the uncomfortable bed, I could feel every spring. The room was in need of an upgrade but other than that aspect it was nice, good size and had everything we needed for our stay.

• Stayed: February 2015
1  Thank LAO14
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2015

We will look into that Bed issue...those suites were totally renovated in late 2010, including all new bedding...we will look into that ASAP

Otherwise, thanks so much for the kind comments!

Reviewed 9 February 2015

Just stayed at the Alden for 4 nights. The staff were very helpful and friendly... we had something come up and were going to need to go in search of a notary, but learned that there is a guy on staff, Chris, who is a certified public notary! Saved us the hassle of finding someone in an unfamiliar area, and he didn't even charge us for it.

The hotel itself is a good value for what you pay. While slightly outdated, we had no issues with our room or the hotel itself. There were some loud noises (elevator? ice machine? backed up exhaust? who knows...) that were constantly going off in the night from somewhere in the hotel. Not to the point of being a huge problem, but kind of annoying. The hot tub was nice because it's under an open-air pavilion kind of thing, so was still enjoyable on a rainy evening. Loved the table and chairs outside each room, I sat out there every morning with my coffee and paper and enjoyed the sun before heading to the beach.

Loved being on the beach, even though our room didn't face the water. We were kind of disappointed to find out that it was $25/day to rent some beach chairs, so instead drove to the Publix down the road and picked some up for $9/piece. Much better deal! :)

Would definitely consider coming back to Alden.

Room Tip: Pool side king suites all face south, lots of morning sun!
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple

Thanks very much for the 5-star review!

The beach cabanas are operated buy a independent 3rd party, so I am sorry to hear of your displeasure in the fees charged for renting them. Many of the local hotels charge a "resort fee" which includes use of beach cabanas, but why pay for something you may not use?