We were so happy with the Alden! We knew that this place was a bit older and wouldn't be as "shiny" as some of the newer resorts, but we were OK with that, we prefer quiet, little old-school places.
We decided to upgrade from a Bermuda bldg. room to an Antigua after arriving and seeing how beautiful the view was from Antigua. Bermuda faces the pools and the back of neighboring Tradewinds resort.
The rooms in Bermuda have a couple of chairs and a table in front of your room, on a shared balcony with each room being seperated by a see-through wall concrete wall. We wanted to be able to have our coffee in our pj's and enjoy drinks on the balcony at night with privacy.
The upgrade to the Antigua gave us a GORGEOUS view of the beach and the privacy we desired. Plus, it's nice to be able to have the sliding door to the balcony open and let the gulf breeze in all day!
The staff at the Alden are so friendly and helpful. The landscaping is award-worthy! Lush grounds made for a really comfortable and cozy atmosphere. The pools are not fancy with waterfalls and grottos and all the silly stuff people seem to be so eager for, but they are clean, spacious and have plenty of lounges/tables.
They have a nice tiki bar right on the sand with fire pits lit at night, which are nice.
There is a coin laundry on site, and a "Grab & Go" with essentials like bread, milk, butter, and also wine/beer. The woman working there helped us with finding local attractions and with recommendations of restaurants. She was very accomadating and super nice.
Beau at the front desk was a really great guy and very helpful as well.
A lot of the rooms have been recently updated, and we found the furnishings to be only slightly worn, but very clean. The bed was super comfortable and we had plenty of towels/washclothes provided in the bathroom cabinet.
This place is a gem, and right on the sand! Gorgeous sunsets, clean rooms, safe (free!)parking....it's a great place. We will be back again and again!
On a side note: FORGET Crabby Bill's...if anyone tells you to eat there, DO NOT DO IT!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alden Suites, located directly on St Pete Beach, is an all-suite getaway experience featuring an array of amenities. Nestled against the blue-green waters and white sand beaches of the Gulf of Mexico you'll find a unique resort that lives up to its inspired surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Ebookers, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotelopia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alden Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alden Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Alden Beach Resort And Suites
- Alden Resort
- Alden Suites St. Pete Beach, Florida