“Great Crab Cake Reuben”

Ranked #51 of 155 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Price range: US$12 - US$32
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner
Description: Casual dining with a 2nd story view of the Gulf of Mexico and amazing sunsets. Specializing in Colossal Lump Crab Cakes and a variety of Fresh Seafood Items, but also offering the finest Steaks, Salads and even Pizzas, The Brass Monkey has something for everyone. Drawing on 18 years of restaurant experience in the Maryland Chesapeake Bay area, Kelly and her husband Barry have worked to achieve uncompromised and superior food quality, service, value and consistency in a casual dining atmosphere. All of the menu items are prepared in-house with the highest quality ingredients and painstaking attention to detail and freshness, all offered at a reasonable price. We are proud to say: "We overlook nothing but the Gulf!"
Reviewed 15 March 2016 via mobile

I love crab cakes, but wasn't sure I wanted a crab cake Reuben. The waiter convinced me this would be a good choice. He was right, it was delicious! Highly recommend this place, right on the waterfront.

Reviewed 14 March 2016

Had a nice grouper sandwhich here. Good view of the Pass A Grille beach. On a nice day it is very relaxing to sit out on the deck.

Reviewed 12 March 2016 via mobile

I, the Corny Pun Slinger, have throughly enjoyed my time here at the Brass Monkey. Thank you Renee for making this visit great!

1  Thank Zachary Z
Reviewed 12 March 2016 via mobile

Ok, first I am from Maryland lived in st Michaels for most of my life. Was excited to hear that a place in Florida understands crab. After all Maryland is all about crab. The place is totally awesome decorated with Maryland stuff from the ravens to the Colts (Baltimore colts) terps and the Os. Our servicer was Francis, great guy, very up beat and seemed to love his job. Awesome, we told him how excited we were about having a taste of Maryland so close to our new home. We got a crab pretzel and a bowl of cream of crab soup. The crab pretzel topped with crab dip that rocked. Just like home. But that is where it ended, the cream of crab soup was uneatable, seriously, it was if they took a whole can of old bay and dumped it into the bowl. We had to send it back. Then dinner came out. The crab cake looked like a Maryland crab cake lots of lump crab meat and little filler but again way too much old bay seasoning. Seriously, we marylander put old bay seasoning on everything from French fries, popcorn, eggs, potato chips and of course crabs. The cook ruined it by using way to much. We got fish and chips that was good and a Caribbean wrap and that was good also. What a shame. The cook needs to use the old bay correctly and this place would be off the chart! I have to give this place a 3. If I graded it by the crab, it would be less. Francis is a great servicer, I felt terrible sending food back, but he was very accommodating trying to help us enjoy our dinner.2 of the stars is for him. My advice a born in Maryland girl and lived there for 40+ years to the cook. Please, please, please. Learn how to use old bay seasoning correctly. Maryland style. If you need help, take a trip to maryland, my suggestion is try the crab restaurants on the eastern shore side of marland. A little control over the old bay and this place would be great.

1  Thank Carolm1217
Reviewed 11 March 2016

Great place for lunch or dinner....or just drinks and apps. Food is excellent as is the service. View of sunset great....if you are on the patio or just across the street. Try the Monkey Balls...loaded with crab.