All reviews other guests rick's reef block walk within walking distance beach chairs and umbrellas lovely pool full kitchen short walk to the beach living room clean towels a great stay heated pool adele units cooker television microwave
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Will keep it short and sweet this time, 3rd year in a row and we still love this place. Clean, quite and a short walk to the beach. Dave the owner was Awesome as always with suggestions, other guest are very friendly and great to talk with. Thanks again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank CHite68
Reviewed 1 June 2017

If you want to escape the chaos of lines (queues in the UK) starting from your arrival into the US, clearing those ridiculous Homeland Security questions - Alamo, Disney etc etc!! Get your butts over to see Dave & Adele (from the UK) to start your 'chill out' vacation, forget the Mouse, the Whale and Harry Potter and relax. You will be treated superbly and have first class, clean facilities, within a stones throw of a superb beach.
Who needs those large, overpriced hotels with pretend Jimmy Buffett singers, just chill out and enjoy the clean pool and your own bbq. We will be back for longer next time. Keep up the great work Dave & Adele.
Chris & Josie May - Manchester UK

Room Tip: They are all good rooms, facing the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chris M
Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

My wife and I just returned from the Gulf Tides Inn and just like our last stay it did not disappoint! Dave and Adele are warm gracious hosts and their resort is extremely well maintained. When we arrived, our apartment was ready, cool and spotlessly clean as were the pool, grounds and barbecue. This is a small, quaint motel with only 10 units, and creates a very special homestyle atmosphere. Our week was very relaxing with the beach just a couple of minutes away to watch the amazing sunsets that St. Petes Beach is famous for. The pool deck is a wonderful place to relax and soak up some sun. We always recommend this motel to all of our friends and family and can't wait for our next visit to the Gulf Tides Inn.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert W
Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

Wonderful, quaint, super clean small motel a minute walk to the beach! Walking distance from everything you need, but not busy or loud. Enjoyed every minute visiting my mom who just spend 2 months at the motel. The others who were staying at the motel were great and everyone is friendly and look out for each other. Always knew that she was safe while spending the cold winter months in paradise! Dave the owner was a great host and made her feel so welcome. She has already booked her room for next year. If you decide to stay at the Gulf Tides Inn you won't be sorry! Enjoy!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Gulf Tides Inn, although located near the hustle and bustle of Gulf Blvd, the main drag of St. Pete Beach, gives a feeling of quiet and serenity. One would never know you were very close to a busy business area. This makes many restaurants and stores within walking distance. The community trolley runs right down Gulf Blvd, just steps away.
The inn itself is attractive, painted bright yellow with blue accents, with just a bit of a "South of the Border" feel.
There are ten apartments for rent -- four efficiencies and six one bedrooms. My unit, #7, was clean and well equipped with all the dishes and pots and pans I needed for a month long stay. I was very happy there. The bedroom had two comfortable double beds while some units had one king size bed. My only criticism is that the couch and chair need replacing. Otherwise, the place was just perfect.
At Gulf Tides people spend a lot of time outside around the large heated pool, reading, chatting, playing games etc. There are many lounge chairs, tables to eat outside, and beach furniture to take to the beach, only about a five minute walk. Most mornings I found myself walking the beautiful, long beach, said to one of the most attractive in Florida.
People tend to come to Gulf Tides year after year for extended stays so the atmosphere is family-like. I was lucky to get a cancellation. By the time I left I knew almost everyone. I hope to be a yearly visitor for years to come.
The owner and manager Dave is on the premises every day, and cheerfully supplies items like dish soap and fresh towels. He is a friendly guy who is willing to go out his way to make your stay pleasant. He seems to take pride in his business and waits his visitors to be happy.
If you are not familiar with the area, there is much to do at St. Pete Beach -- a state park near Fort De Soto, all the other beach communities up the shore, the city of St. Petersburg, many fine restaurants and so on. However, I often found myself just hanging at the Inn or walking the beach.
I can't wait until next year.

Room Tip: I would be happiest in a one bedroom.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends