Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina
US$204
US$125
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$166/night.

US$299
US$217
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$261/night.

Alden Suites(St. Pete Beach)
US$280
US$214
Alden Suites
The Don CeSar(St. Pete Beach)
US$352
US$327
US$163
US$159
Sirata Beach Resort(St. Pete Beach)
US$253
US$180
  • Pool
Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel(St. Pete Beach)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$105
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$123/night.

Kimpton Hotel Zamora(St. Pete Beach)
US$304
US$201
US$308
US$265
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$297/night.

US$246
US$237
All reviewshuge deckpete beachfree beer and wineboca ciega baydeck areaone bedroom suitemain resortbeach accessother guestsfull size refrigeratorwithin walking distancebeach sideoffice staffsmall pooldirectly across the streetsister resorthome away from home
Reviewed 14 October 2010

Very small resort with a family-operated feel. Our room was really clean and we had everything we needed to have a comfortable stay. Aaaaawesome!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2010

The Bay Palms is on the intercoastal side in St. Pete's Beach but it is truly a wonderful place to stay - easy access to the beach and restaurants. Would recommend this hotel for anyone who has a pet - thank you for a relaxed and wonderful stay

Reviewed 29 September 2010

Upon check in, we noticed many insects throughout the room. The little kitchenette is not that to say the least. The appliances are outdated and the utensils, look very old, mix-matched and dirty. The door was flemsey and did not close fully shut. Anyone could break in with a small butter knife, many residents had dogs that were loud and barked throughout the night. It was a double bed and not queen as what the reservations were for. The bed was as comfortable as piling a buch of beach towels, untop of plywood. So umcomfortable, that you wake up with a back ache.

The worst was that the shower did not work. We reported it to the front desk, after 9am because no one is attending the desk throughout the night. I was told that many locations on the strip only have coverage 9am to 5pm. So the night of, we had no one to reach, couldn't shower. The guy at the front desk, showed no concerned, he was more concerned on who to blame by asking several times DID YOU REPORT IT TO ANYONE? I told him I am now because no one is available throughout the night at the front desk. A front desk that you call, an a residential answering machine picks up with no recording, other than the factory installed recording. He told me that they have emergency phone numbers. I told him there were none listed on the phone. He says it's listed on their book and on the office door. He then asked I called anyone. I told him that it's not a timeshare or apartment complex and their job is the upkeep on the location. It's not my job to go on a manhunt searching to someone to help. Assistance should be available at calling the front desk. I told him the this needed to be corrected and we were heading out. He said the owner wouldn't be available until that afternoon. When I got to the front desk, what a suprise, he is on the phone with the "owner".

He arrives and introduces himself as the "owner", no name of course because his title is more important. He asks to check the room. He goes ahead of me, as I enter the room, he has the shower running. I asked him, who turned on the shower water? He says no one. I told him, that my wife and I both pulled on the knob and turned it, and didn't have any water come out. I noticed when he pulled it that he did it with a good amount of force, which would match the conditions on the room, neglected. My wife and I both pulled unto the knob and turned it. It never budged when we pulled on it. He then goes on his defensive mode, just like the front desk clerk. I told him he had the same bad atittude as the guy at the desk. Too worried about who to blame and not taking responsibility for the lack of care in their hotel. He says an apology or a thank you would be nice, that it gets old when customers always want to blame them and they are not in the wrong. I told him the shower is not working properly and it's their problem and not him to blame me. He mentioned their emergency numbers listed on the door. On a little sticker. I told him, who pays attention to that information, when it's usually just fire evacuation and other useless information. He says, whose fault is that? Again... their only concern, who to blame. I told him he needs to worry more about their upkeep. Some other things were said, when out of the blue, he says, Can you not read? I had enough. I got in his face and told him to cross me one more time and that was it. He of course lost the arrogance and smirk on his face and asked me to leave or he would call the police. I knew he would because he is spineless. I told him I was there longer than I wanted to already. Told him, to let it be a lesson learned, that next time the person may not worry about the consequences and give him what he deserves.

Trying to support mom and pop businesses, I prefer to do. Not anymore. They have a sense of entitlement and think they are better than you and that you just want to take money out their pocket. Look at their cancellation policy, it explains it all.

1  Thank AdamTressa
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2011

Firstly I would like to apologize for the poor customer service that you received. There is no excuse for looking for blame instead of a solution. The office at Bay Palms does close at 5pm however, our main office at the Plaza Beach Resort stays open daily from 8am to 10pm and the front desk staff would have called maintenance immediately or even given you a free upgrade to another unit with a working shower.
Secondly please let me say that the extensive upgrades in the rooms and on our property reflect the fact that we most certainly do not operate on a “shoestring” budget as you put it. Maybe you had a room that had not yet been renovated as we have been working on all of our properties putting tireless effort into them. If we were trying to nickel and dime our guests we would not bother spending all of the money that we do on our properties.
We have beautiful granite counter tops, ceramic tile floors, huge fishing piers, and we even offer our guests free beer and wine every day at our social hour! I am the general manager, Robert Czyszczon, and would love to earn your business back by showing you how hospitable we can be. I have spoken with the Bay Palms manager about finding solutions instead of interrogating our guests. That is no way to welcome a guest and I hope to show you this is not the way in which we normally operate.

Reviewed 17 September 2010

When my boyfriend and I got there they handed us our key with absolutely no confusion. They let us feel out the paperwork the next day with a lot of information of the surrounding area. The man behind the counter actually told us that he and his wife came to St. Petersburg on their honeymoon and never returned to their home in New York because they loved it so much. As we walked in the room for the very first time we were so pleased!!! The cleanliness and the space was awesome! The kitchen was awesome, the bathrooms were awesome (plenty of hot water), the bedroom was so nice, beds were very comfortable, and the balcony was great as well! The most thing I was excited about was the closet space and the hangers they provided us with! I packed so much luggage and I HATE when my clothes are wrinkly so I was super stoked that I had hangers to hang my clothes up with. The hotel and the service of the hotel was wonderful and when I come back to St. Pete Beach this is the place I will stay! I'm not the type of person to write reviews but I absolutely loved this place! Choose to stay here because it is truly a great place! There were great restaurants near by, Publix grocery store near by, and it was right across the street from the beach!!! Now that's a great place!!!

1  Thank aleahpointer
Reviewed 17 September 2010

My Husband and I stayed here for a wedding and we were very surprised at what a great little hotel this was.
I am a travel agent and I will definately recommend this to my clients. The price was terrific and the location was perfect. The best thing was the front desk agent. He made the check in so easy and was so very helpful to us. I will be back for a week!!
Kim Dougherty