Plaza Beach Resorts rents at three local properties so make sure you understand which one you are getting. We had a reservation at The Bay Palms Waterfront Resort which is a Boca Ciega Bay building with 7 or 8 units and just enough parking out front for that many cars. You have to drive a little ways down on the opposite side of the street to get to the office, staff and other amenities which are located with the actual Plaza Beach Hotel Beachfront Resort. The Palms units back up to fishing pier and dock for boats. This is probably ideal for those who love to fish or tie up their boat and have a room. There is a small swimming pool and laundry room for the building. Front facing rooms are very close to the street. All of the rooms on the second floor are non-smoking. There is no room service so wet or soiled linen is to be deposited on a table by the outside door each morning with replacements set out there. A broom and dust pan in the closet cares for the tile floors in the unit. Be aware that pets are allowed at this resort so barking can come from the room next to yours. The electronic lock on our room did not work so we had to return to the office down the street and they sent several people who tried to get it to work and finally left us with the old-fashioned key. The rooms are compact, including a small refrigerator, microwave, a hot plate, some dishes (no skillet), a closet safe, and plenty of dressers. Water pressure in the shower is average to low, with great variability in temperature. Hand soap, shampoo and conditioner are all included in wall-mounted dispensors. Television has numerous channels. A small sagging couch and a coffee table also add to the furniture. Unfortunately, an outside mounted AC compressor shook the wall behind the bed with loud intermittent vibrations day or night. After one sleepless night, we asked for a room change and when none were available, we were granted the return of the rest of our room fees for the next two nights and found a quieter hotel room. I think this Resort really should pay people to rent this room. The ad description of "not your cookie cutter resort" adds definition to Resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely Renovated this year, the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina is an authentic Florida boutique resort situated directly on the Boca Ciega Bay. Boasting as having one of the largest privately owned fishing piers in St Petersburg at 1,500 square feet, you can enjoy great fishing, watch the manatees and dolphins, or dock your boat right on site. With a beautiful pool overlooking the Boca Ciega Bay this makes Bay Palms Waterfront Resort a perfect destination for relaxation, and best of all, it is only 200 feet from the beach. Room types range from spacious studio apartments with kitchenettes to large one bedroom apartment suites. Best of all, we have NO surprise resort fees! Enjoy everything the Bay Palms has to offer at no additional cost. We really mean it: FREE Fitness Room, FREE Wireless Internet, FREE Parking, FREE BBQ Area, and FREE Private Fishing Pier use. Our resort is Family Owned and Operated, and has been since 2008. The family is very active in the day to day operations, on property daily, and has a friendly staff ready to assist you with your authentic Florida vacation. Members of Superior Small Lodging Association and Approved by AAA for Quality and Standards, our resort is one of only a handful of resorts in Florida that has received the Green Lodging seal from the State of Florida as well as Greenleaders Gold Award from TripAdvisor for our effort in conserving and recycling. St Pete Beach is a 6-mile island and the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort is directly in the center of the island. Everything is within walking distance: the grocery store, restaurants, and shopping are just across the street. Activities such as Deep Sea Fishing, Parasailing, Jet Skiing, Dolphin Cruises, Sunset Cruises and many different island cruises visiting the nearby islands are available nearby. Best of all we are only 30 minutes from Busch Gardens and 90 minutes from Disney and all the Orlando Parks. Also, as a guest of the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort, you will have full access to the Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort which is owned by the same family. You will have FREE full use of all the amenities at the Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort including the private beach, large heated pool overlooking the beach, FREE beach chairs, FREE beach towels, FREE parking and many more amenities. We look forward to hosting you at the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort. Try us, and see for yourself why so many people return to the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Palms Waterfront Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Bay Palm Resort
- Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel And Marina St. Pete Beach, Florida