“Best Lobster Roll and Margarita on the Beach”
Review of Sea Critters Cafe

Sea Critters Cafe
Ranked #46 of 154 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2017

Setting is great. Sit outside on the deck or dock. Make sure you try the margaritas. Service is terrific by a well experienced and efficient staff. Everything I've eaten there is well prepared and delicious. From fresh catch of the day to succulent ribs, it's all good. You can arrive by boat....plenty of dock space.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,372)

Reviewed 25 March 2017

As the name suggests, this is a seafood restaurant located right on a dock, complete with a lively school of fishing swirling around under the dock, trying to catch scraps dropped by the diners. The fisherman's platter (not sure of the name), a large plate of fried seafood, was average but nothing special. Staff did a good job of managing a large number of people eating and waiting to get in.

Reviewed 24 March 2017

We had a fun time at the Sea Critters cafe. My husband had the seafood platter which he really enjoyed (crab, lobster, shrimp, mussels) and I chose the crab cakes which were fabulous. Excellent service and good value for money. We had to teach our waitress how to use the wine cooler for our bottle, but she did say that most people bought by the glass! Obviously we are greedy!

1  Thank Clareeb
Reviewed 24 March 2017

We arrived at about 8:00pm on Thursday March 23, 2017 Parking is not one of the key attributes, but, the great food makes up for it. Was promptly seated in a booth inside, was given a choice of inside or outside, really windy on this evening. Our server Kate was very helpful explaining the menu and all of the great choices, Kate took our drink order, which marge (my wife) had ordered Red Sangria and I had just water, no lemon.
Kate brought us Hot Sour Dough Bread and chutney butter and it was absolutely great, we both really enjoyed it with our meal also. Kate returned with the drinks and we gave her our order, marge ordered the Lobster Pasta ($20.99) Real thing, I ordered the Crab Cake dinner with Cole slaw and Steak Potato Fries (18.99) Real thing, I have ate
Crab cakes all across America and the best that I have ever had was in Atlantic City, NJ back when I was a teen, these were just as good if not better. Marge just loved the Lobster Pasta made with angel hair noodles. Great Sangria with the fruits in it, Great Meals and Great service, Thank you Kate. We have lived here in St. Pete for years and this is the first time that we have been to this restaurant and loved it.

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

Wow. Just Wow. Great fried conch and gator. Brilliant lobster pasta. But holy OMG amazing for the Scallop Risotto Rockerfeller. The fennell and anisette were sweetly subtle and enhanced perfectly cooked risotto and scallops, and did not overwhelm.
A fun, kinda cheeky and cheerful place with really great food for reasonable prices!! On the water, lots of atmosphere, eat in or outside!!!