2,056 results
All reviewsadirondack chairssocial hourfree beer and wineshuffle boardgrocery storemini golfcorn holenice poolfamily ownedbeachfront resortwithin walking distancefull size fridgestove topgreat place to stayheated poolsmall kitchenetteyear after year
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

My family has been staying at the plaza beach Since 1966. We have loved our family friendly little gem where we have made life long friends and created some of the best summer memories. It is homey and unimposing but surrounded by the cold unfriendly giants of progress.we would never stay anywhere else. We were babies here. We brought our babies here and now they bring their families here.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jewels1107
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

This was our 4th visit to Plaza Beach and it remains a very nice, basic hotel that is reasonably priced and right on beautiful St Pete Beach. Do not book here if you want fancy. But if basic, clean accommodations with a small kitchenette work for you then you will like Plaza Beach. Close to many bars and restaurants and staff are super friendly.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Todd H
Reviewed 7 September 2017

I took my good friend here to celebrate her 70th birthday for Aug 21, 2017. Came down on 8/20, I called hotel prior to coming to inquire about having some items in room for my friend's birthday and I spoke with Brenna and she took care of it, so as we arrived in room there were the balloons, flowers, champagne (with glasses), and a tray of petite fours and chocolate covered strawberries!!!!!! Beautifully done and a total surprise for my friend!!!!!! All staff were very nice!!!!! Nathan, Danisha, Erick, Adam, Cathy, Brenna!!!!! I fell in love with them ALL As well across the street is the Sea Turtle Restaurant and also the food and staff there were awesome! Our room was very clean and lovely and of course right next to the beautiful beach!!!!! I will definitely go back there, no doubt!!!!!✈️☀️

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Patricia P
Reviewed 5 September 2017

Our stay at Plaza Bay was better than expected! We received great service, with a few perks, and a lot of consideration. The staff remained flexible in a pinch with our booking and accommodated us with a smile and kindness through and through. The room was much more than we expected; the kitchenette had all that we needed to cut down on our eat out expenses. Publix grocery, nail salon, Walgreen's, and everything a person would need within walking distance, even though we had our vehicle. The least favorite part of the visit at the resort; our room was too cold overnite and it could not be regulated. But, a quick fix was managed by the staff. Originally, I personally was concerned about a privately owned resort hotel.
But, I was pleasantly surprised by the professionalism and cleanliness.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sherry M
Reviewed 4 September 2017

We enjoyed every minute! Our main attraction to this property was the proximity to the beach and it did not disappoint! St. Pete beach is beautiful! We did not rent a car and found it easy and safe to walk around to restaurants near the area. The room was clean and large. Had a kitchenette and refrigerator that we did not use but could have, if we stayed longer. The beds were very comfy. The bathroom was a little small but was orderly and clean. A room safe is available for valuables. I appreciated the nap sack to carry our towels to the beach.

I cannot stress how helpful the staff was during our stay! Erick is a gem. He oriented us to the hotel and to restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. Please, don't miss dinner at Sola Bistro! Very good! Erick even gave us some certificates for lunch so we could celebrate our 2 year wedding anniversary. The pool was well kept and there are many chairs to lounge around nearby the pool or on the beach near the hotel. The front desk staff even kept our luggage so we could get a last minute swim in before going back to Minnesota. That made our day! We used the hotel washer and drier so not to carry wet clothes in our luggage.

This is a down to earth hotel. If you are looking for ritz and glamour, this is not the place for you. Overall, we were very happy with our choice and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple