well, I know that everyone's perception is different. And, on any given day, things can be great for some people & bad for others. But....I was disappointed in the Plaza Beach. I know that with small hotels, choices are limited, but, I think that saying they offer King beds when probably 4 rooms out of all have them is crappy. They of course are trying to cram as many people in a room as possible, but, I didn't like the Queen beds. The room had a moldy/musty smell, that I think may have been the A/C unit, not sure. I bought some air fresheners. Yes, the bathroom is VERY small, but ok. The door frame next to the tub was molded & needed replacement-from constant water exposure. Also, GENERAL Cleaning improvements including the SHOWER HEAD & faucets/drain closures need addressed. USE some LIME AWAY. They are clogged, corroded, & stuck due to mineral buildup! YUCK! Also, I know it cheaper to Not have carpeting, BUT, the rooms felt hollow, & unfriendly/uninviting without any carpets. At least you could put it in the living/bed areas. Plus, I'd have to think it would help cut down on the "Loud Floor Noises" for the downstairs units, for which there was a large memo posted on the refrigerator regarding. The Floral bedspreads & PLAID couch were no attractive. Please, get rid of the outside lights(rope lights) UP along the roof line b/c the LIGHT SHINING IN ALL AROUND THE CURTAINS AT NIGHT make the place feel like a Cheap Motel along I-95. I could not sleep! Maybe put the lights down lower, along the hand railing. The a/c sounded a bit like a lawnmower when it would kick on. Lots of little things just added up to disappointment. And, please, get rid of the Old, Torn, Rotten putt-putt golf 'carpeting'. It looks TERRIBLE. Just plant some real grass, and make flower beds! The Beach here is very nice, soft, wide and clean. That was Good! Overall, I think this place is best if you are Older, want quiet & very plain. I personally do not think it was worth the $$ paid. I have stayed on other Florida beaches w/beachfront balconies to overlook the pretty water & sand for less cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely Renovated this year, Plaza Beach Hotel Beachfront Resort is an award winning boutique resort of only 39 suites on the tropical island of St Pete Beach. St Pete Beach was voted #1 Beach in America by tripadvisor and is famous for its sugar white beaches. Plaza Beach Resort is situated directly on the beach with a large beachside pool overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. Imagine yourself relaxing in the pool while watching a breathtaking orange/purple sunset melt into the gulf. All rooms are spacious studio apartments with full kitchen; great for large families, couples or the business traveler who wants all the amenities of home. Best of all we have No Surprise Resort Fees, Enjoy everything the Plaza Beach Resort has to offer at no additional cost. We really mean it: FREE Beach Cabanas, FREE Beach/Pool Towels, FREE Wireless Internet, FREE Shuffleboard, FREE 4-hole Mini-Golf, FREE Human-size Chess, FREE BBQ Area, FREE Business Center, FREE Fitness Room, FREE parking and FREE Fishing off of our private piers just across the street. Our resort is Family Owned and Operated, and has been since 1988. The family is still very active in the day to day operations, on property daily, with a great friendly staff ready to assist you with a genuine Florida vacation. Members of Superior Small Lodging Association and Approved by AAA for Quality and Standards, our resort is one of only a handful of resorts in Florida that has received the Green Lodging seal from the State of Florida as well as greenleaders gold award from tripadvisor for our effort in conserving and recycling. St Pete Beach is a 6-mile island and the Plaza Beach Resort is directly in the center of the island. Everything is in walking distance, the grocery store, restaurants, and shopping are just across the street. As well as Deep Sea Fishing, Parasailing, Jet Skiing, Dolphin Cruises, Sunset Cruises and many different island cruises visiting the nearby islands. Best of all we are only 30 minutes from Busch Gardens and 90 minutes from Disney and all the Orlando Parks. Try us, and see for yourself why so many people return to the Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Saint Pete Beach
- Plaza Beach Saint Pete
- Plaza Beach Resort
- Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida