“Highly recommend!”

Price range: US$12 - US$32
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Mad Fish is a welcoming Seafood and Steak restaurant serving locally caught fresh fish, delicious Oysters and perfectly seared aged Steaks with an exciting range of wine and beer to please every palate. Perfect for a cosy meal with your loved one(s) and also able to cater for larger groups such as rehearsal dinners, please call us now to make your reservation!
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

I ended up here on a whim to avoid an impending storm, and it did not disappoint! I didn’t have a reservation, was eating alone and the place was packed but the owner, a sweet older gentleman made sure I was taken care of. He offered me his favorite wine while I waited for a seat. He procured me one at the bar in no time. The staff were all very accommodating and friendly. I had THE BEST salmon I’ve ever eaten! And I grew up on an island eating fish at least three times a week so I know good fish. Before I left, the owner sat with me and we had a very nice conversation. The food was out of this world, the ambiance was just what I wanted, and even though I was dining alone I had tons of company! Highly recommend!

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went here because it was recommended by an acquaintance. We were expecting a great meal, however, what we got was just okay. Also, the prices seemed expensive for the small portions. Do not order the sautéed grouper with shrimp. Very disappointing with a heavy overpowering sauce that is too strong and completely masks the seafood. The meal is 75% sauce and 25% seafood. There was only one small piece of fish and three shrimp. We won’t be eating here again

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our dinner at MadFish. The service was excellent and the fish fresh. It was my first time eating oysters and the waitress brought me a plethora of sauces to try them and even gave me some tips of her own. I tried them raw and baked and were both great. My main course was Chilean sea bass in a shrimps sauce resting on a delicious risotto. My husband had the lobster crusted grouper, also a winner. For dessert I went again for the Key lime pie It was home made and the crust was crispy, very tasty. We left happy and stuffed. Highly recommended

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Good atmosphere (inside or outside dining) - intimate inside this converted 'diner' -- menu was varied and changes seasonally. Food was reasonably priced, and well prepared. Delivered quickly and hot, by a hospitable server. The owner chef was working in the kitchen, and the proud father was working the restaurant seating to make sure all were happy with the atmosphere and food. I would choose this restaurant again on a return trip to visit family in Pass-A-Grille.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 4 September 2018

Waiter chose a nice wine for me. My dinner however was supposed to be served with Hollandaise and the waiter brought me chilled Bernaise when the Hollandaise was left off my meal. Bernaise is not even close to Hollandaise he was dismissive of that fact and told me "It's all Bernaise" as he walked off. Acidity comes from different places(vinegar versus lemon juice) and there are herbs in Bernaise that would not have complimented my well seasoned dish so I had unsauced lobster crusted grouper. We also had to ask for our bread basket. Service matters.

Date of visit: September 2018

Been to MadFish? Share your experiences!