“Plenty of Food”

Ranked #11 of 155 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Had a great breakfast at the Frog Pond , Gigantic portions fresh food , friendly service and you get to be surrounded by frog crinkents

1  Thank donq2727

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

I highly recommend a visit for breakfast. I got the veggie frittata and could only eat half due to its size. It was the best breakfast I had all week in St Pete. The service was fantastic. They were constantly refilling our coffee cups. The place is small, but cutely decorated with frogs.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank Carol03865
Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

This restaurant came highly recommended by the locals. We had breakfast here a few times. The portions are huge!! I had the veggie omelet every time I visited. Delicious food. The staff offers fabulous service. I too will highly recommend this place.

1  Thank donnasA1868GY
Reviewed 18 October 2018

Surprisingly wonderful food staff friendly from the outside doesn’t look too inviting but once you get in it’s clean fresh place with can do staff

1  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed 16 October 2018

The Frog Pond has been around for a very long time, and we hadn't been there in many years. We thought we'd try it again. My meal was excellent, but my wife's was a little less so. I saw the Lox Benedict ($12.59) on the menu and was so there. It was a bagel, with all the fixings: tomato, onion, lots of lox, and capers (on the side) with poached eggs on top and covered in hollandaise sauce. YUM! How much more decadent can you get?. Well, I'll tell you. In addition to my side of grits, covred in butter, (which come with the meal), I had also heard from a friend who went there the other day about how good their waffles are, so I couldn't resist and ordered one ($8), which also came with copious amounts of butter and syrup. I approached nirvana eating this meal: the savory of the lox benedict, followed by the sweet of the waffle. My mouth is watering just writing this. After finishing this meal, I didn't need to eat again all day, and felt like I'd just won an episode of "man vs. food".
Unfortunately, my wife's meal didn't match the perfection of mine. She ordered quiche Loraine ($10.34), and while the substance of the quiche itself was good, the Loraine aspect was not. Loraine is supposed to be ham and swiss cheese, but this had an unrecognizable cheese, a lot of onion, and no discernible ham. It did come with their signature home fried potatoes, which she enjoyed, and a lot of fresh fruit, which was also very good.
The only other flaw in the entire meal was the coffee ($2.65 per cup), which was thin and watery. We like ours rich and strong. But then again, this is a matter of personal taste. That said, our cups were never empty, as they had a person dedicated to making sure you always had a full cup.
Overall, the Frog Pond was even better than we remembered it, and don't let the initial shock of higher prices fool you--it is really a bargain for the amount of food you get.

1  Thank Dutch499

Been to Frog Pond? Share your experiences!