“Nice atmosphere”

Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Enjoy fresh Gulf catch and local comfort food infused with coastal flavors at our seaside dining spot. With indoor and outdoor seating, the Sea Porch Café is the perfect place to gather for a relaxed breakfast, lunch or dinner. Host a private event at Gatsby's, our exclusive upstairs dining space for up to 30 guests. Then join us at the Pink Palace for Sunday Funday with our satisfying Sunday Champagne Brunch, from 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM. The famous Don CeSar brunch offers a traditional menu, made to order omelets, custom carving stations, fresh salads and delectable desserts. Then meet friends at the Rowe Bar for a classic cocktail, Julep or hand-crafted Ade.
Reviewed 9 May 2018

Delicious breakfast!!
Very nice atmosphere to watch a game and grab a drink. The bartenders were friendly. The carrot cake was delicious!

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

We come every year to dine at the Don. We always enjoyed a fine meal and service. Under new ownership the experience has changed significantly. Staff lost our reservation, food took over one hour to arrive while a worker walked by 3 times with a large wheeled janitorial trash dumpster- so zero for ambience. They forgot my appetizer. Had to track down a very overwhelmed waitress to find out the status of our food. Then a manager came out and instead of being quietly apologetic while my kids were almost in tears from hunger- not even bread on the table- she schmoozed us like she was a manager at a cheap roadside place. A random woman came out and had 2 of us pass the soup down the table- didn’t serve it herself, Steak was tough, food was not as it used to be. On top of it all,we stopped at the hotel ice cream shop which is always good,my husband went back to the restaurant to get our parking validated which they refused! Claim they allow 2 hour free parking and that is all. When he explained that our food took more than an hour to arrive she just stared at him and did nothing. So goodbye Don. It’s been nice knowing you.

1  Thank 880erina
Reviewed 30 April 2018

We ordered in room take out from here. We explained that I had a gluten allergy and I wanted just grilled shrimp, rice, and broccolini. It was not an issue at all and they were able to accommodate me and they had parmesan risotto instead of rice which was great. The shrimp were terribly overcooked which is a shame because I would have given this restaurant 5 stars. My husbands sandwich was much bigger than he expected and he liked it a lot. Overall, good service, I would return and dine inside and try more off the menu next time I stay at the hotel.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We sat outside on a beautiful day. No view of the Gulf but the exterior of the building itself was so beautiful we didn’t mind. Our kids got the fanciest hot dog and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches I’ve ever seen. My husband and I got salads and beer, we left spending around $70. Pretty expensive for lunch, but to 3 and 5 year old girls eating lunch in a pink castle is priceless!

1  Thank aweidert
Reviewed 24 March 2018

Downstairs at the Don Cesar. We enjoyed our first meal here during a 3 day stay.

I have to warn you that I was turned off immediately after ordering two different selections of wine and they were out. What turned me off is that the waiter didn’t offer to bring us a higher priced bottle for the same price like most places would do.

I had the fish tacos. Average at best. They took a very long time and the restaurant was not that busy.

The cilantro was left off after they made the claim on the menu that the tacos include cilantro. The fish was Mahi. Total $16.00.

Waiter was very nice and professional but appeared as if the restaurant gave him no guidance or training on what to do when they run out of wine or if the service is slow.

Dinner for 2 Adults, 1 Teenage included a bottle of wine and 3 orders of tacos for $150.00.

It was the only dinner we had at the Don Cesar during our stay.

5  Thank JRH68