“Worst hotel experience of my life”

Days Inn St Augustine West
Ranked #68 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed 19 September 2017

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Reviewed 14 September 2017

I chose this motel as it seemed to be a safe location where we could evacuate during Hurricane Irma. It is on SR 16 which is an evacuation route from the coast, and just off I-95. We checked in on a Saturday at 2:30 pm and I asked the clerk,"How is your roof?" as a joke. They had a generator to maintain power. We were given room 210 facing West towards the Scottish Inn and the Premium Outlet Mall. We were hit by a Nor'Easter, 5 tornadoes, and Hurricane Irma. At 3:30 am on September 11th, the asphalt roof covering was blown off! The roofing partly blocked our exit. I called management, no answer, so I called 911. The Firemen evacuated all of us into the lobby where we sat from 4 am until noon. During that time, we were offered bottles of water, and free coffee from the friendly IHOP staff next door. That was it.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

I have an inhaler I use to breath, even though we said we were ok and needed nothing they still came in and emptied the trash and made our beds and my inhaler was NO more.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

it was a very nice stay, I though I booked the Days Inn downtown, so at first I was upset, but after staying there we will from now on be staying out west. we only were going to do one night turned it into 2 nights. would of been 3 if we didn't have to go feed my cats, LOL

Travellers also viewed these St. Augustine hotels
17.1 km away
St Augustine Island Inn
St Augustine Island Inn
#48 of 78 in St. Augustine

Been to Days Inn St Augustine West? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn St Augustine West

Address: 2560 State Road 16, St. Augustine, FL 32086
Region: United States > Florida > St. Augustine
Business Centre with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #68 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Price Range: €55 - €112 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn St Augustine West 2*
Plan your trip to Florida and book a room at our Days Inn St. Augustine West hotel. Conveniently located off I-95, our St. Augustine hotel is an excellent value. Our hotel provides friendly service and easy access to area attractions. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn St Augustine West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn West - St. Augustine Hotel Saint Augustine