“Great home style cooking”
Review of The Blue Hen Cafe

The Blue Hen Cafe
Ranked #7 of 644 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Diner, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

The breakfast was great for all of us. The fried chicken on a homemade biscuit was a first for me as a breakfast option, it was also fantastic. The biscuit and gravy, “King’s” French toast (PB & bananas), omelet and breakfast burrito were fresh and more food than we could eat. I highly recommend this place for their great food.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

Had a delicious breakfast with more than enough food for a big appetite! Best biscuits ever! I ate the grits with pulled pork and green tomato salsa and eggs. It was such a unique combination but soooo good! Friendly atmosphere and staff. Note that it’s not too big and there are a few community tables. Would definitely go back!!

1  Thank Sue N
Reviewed 15 April 2018

I will start with the good. We had chicken and biscuits and pumpkin pancakes . These dishes were really good. It went downhill from there. We, a party of 4, waited at least 45 minutes only to have someone that arrived after us be seated at a 4 top first. It seemed that if you knew the hostess you were seated before people that had waited online. I ordered the crab meat quiche and it was bad. It had shells and the meat tasted old. I have eaten enough crab and if its fresh it is sweet and delicious! This was not the case. After reading glowing reviews I was extremely disappointed. The kitchen was really slow so we waited ANOTHER 45 minutes for our food. 2 1/2 hours from start to finish is too long for mediocre food.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

The blue hen is a great breakfast spot. The sour cream blueberry pie was amazing. It was topped with homemade whipped cream. Everyone was very friendly. The pumpkin pancakes biscuits and the burrito was all also very good. This place is a must!

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Don’t miss out!! We tried the Blue Hen Cafe for the first tine and were blown away by the amazing food quality and attentive service. I ordered a salad with grilled shrimp - delicious. My cousin had fried chicken biscuit sandwich and gave me a bit. Never tasted a better homemade biscuit...like EVER. Can’t wait to go back!