“Small elegant restaurant ”

Michael's Tasting Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael's Tasting Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 653 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: St. George Street
Description: Michael's Tasting Room offers a unique casual fine dining experience with a celebrated chef, dedicated staff, and passion for exquisite flavors and world-class wines. Michael's Tasting Room has received numerous honors and accolades. Most recently, the Wine Spectator awarded Michael's Tasting Rooms wine list it's Award of Excellence for the ninth year in a row. Chef Michael has also been recognized as Best Chef of St.Augustine from several the city's publications, The restaurant was featured on The Food Network with Chef Emeril Lagasse during Florida's 500th anniversary.
Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

In my opinion, this is the best restaurant in St. Augustine. This was my fifth or sixth visit over the past 5 years, and it never disappoints. I never seem to make it past the appetizers, which are served like tapas, and continually change. The white sangria is excellent, and they also have a nice wine list. I never pass through St. Augustine without a dinner at Michael's, but, as I mentioned, it is small. Reservations are a must.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 7 November 2018

Very cool restaurant with excellent food particularly tapas to select from. Great wine list with a tasting room if you are a wine lover. Perfectly located in the heart of the old city you can wander around before or after dinner. Parking is strategic but there are several lots close by to choose from. Payment is required for parking.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 4 November 2018

We really enjoyed our dinner! Service was very good, lovely atmosphere, good service. Most enjoyable evening.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

An engaging young lady named Jillian took care of us. Partner loved the short ribs; the goat cheese terrine was excellent. Menu is seasonal and changes, but this place is excellent

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 30 October 2018

My wife and I enjoy eating small bites of different food when we go out, so we were excited to try Michael’s. I admit the entrees tempted me but we stuck with the tapas. The tostones were excellent, my only criticism would be they needed just a touch of salt, then they would have been perfect. The charcuterie board was also a great choice. The different combinations on the board went together perfectly. The real test for me about a restaurant is whether or not I would return, and I will definitely return to Michael’s

Date of visit: October 2018