“Last minute change of plans; long-lasting great memory!”

At Journey's End Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #13 of 30 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 August 2012

My partner and I had planned to spend two nights in Savannah, Georgia on the way from North Carolina to my son’s home in Florida. The unexpected death of the alternator in our ’96 Lumina created a serious need for a “Change of Plans”. We knew we’d need a place to stay for one night and I remembered hearing that St. Augustine, Florida was a lovely historic city. I researched B&Bs from our seedy motel room and came upon At Journey’s End in large part due to the positive reviews on TripAdvisor. We reserved the French Boudoir Room in a snap via their website. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted by the proprietors and given a great overview of St. Augustine. Tim asked us what our interests were and proceeded to give us tips as to how best to spend our time; since we had such little time to spend. Since the mandatory car repairs had caused us to arrive near dinner time, we grabbed what time we had and headed off on foot in pursuit of adventure and a good meal. When we arrived back to the B&B later that night, delicious cookies awaited us. I think I may have taken more than my fair share but honest – they were oh so yummy! The room temperature and bed were amazingly comfortable; especially considering how sweltering hot it was outside. I slept better At Journey’s End than I did any other night of our 7-night trip. A plated breakfast was served in the morning and included a variety of juices, fresh fruit, granola, yogurt, bacon and Dutch-baby pancake with locally made strawberry preserves and more fresh fruit. We enjoyed our breakfast at a community table with the other guests from the night before. We eventually headed out for a few more hours of St. Augustine enjoyment prior to leaving for our next destination. I have to say that finding such a gem and such kind, caring people (Tim and John) after the huge disappointment of a car break-down really made our trip a pleasant experience and memory. Both Bill and I would heartily recommend “At Trail’s End” to any travelers to St. Augustine. We hope to be able to return there ourselves someday to really give the city the attention it deserves.

1  Thank luckygreen

Reviewed 30 July 2012

After reading other Trip Advisor reviews, we started our summer road trip here. The reviews were right, this B&B was so nice. The location was perfect. It was great to park behind the house and walk to many of the attractions. Tim met us on the front porch (we called when we were about 15 minutes away to confirm) and he showed us how to Code in for keyless entry. The house was clean and quiet. We stayed in the French (Paris) room, and although small, it was adequate, and lovely. The bed was very comfortable with silky microfiber cool sheets. Tim gave us a mini tour of the house, and then great advise to eat at The Floridian. Breakfast was served beautifully. We had coffee, fresh fruit, granola, yogurt, eggs Florintine, croissants and home made jam. If we return to St. Augustine, we will return. Everyone does!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jtraveler01
Reviewed 29 July 2012

This was a surprise stay for me. My husband had planned it without me knowing it for our seventh wedding anniversary. Upon arrival, we drove down the street, and I said, Hey, we stayed at that B&B the last time we were here. It was the one next to Journey's End. We did have a nice stay there, but Journey's End was much better. They welcomed us with open arms. The house was so period with it's furnishings. We stayed in the Key West room which was above the garage out back. I have to say, when we return, I will be requesting that room. Everything was so clean, organized, and just perfect! I was able to get their secret to the clean smelling sheets and towels. I now use the same products! (hahaha). Over all, if you are looking for a nice get-a-way, this is the place to go! They were helpful in guiding us to great resturants and the sites. I wish Tim and John great success with this B&B. We will be seeing you next year!!!
Kathi and Richard Holcomb

Room Tip: The Key West room over the garage.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KathiHolcomb
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Tim and John were OUTSTANDING!!! Not only are they excellent hosts, they can most certainly add "event planner" and "make ideas come to fruition" to their resumes. In a matter of just three weeks, our ideas and their suggestions meshed into an amazing (and very affordable) "ultimate proposal" that didn't need to be rehearsed or edited - and they made sure that one person was totally taken off guard....she had NO clue. <---THE BEST kind of surprises!! :)

We looked forward to the breakfasts, they were that good - not to mention the stories they would regale and entertain us with while eating. Absolutely loved the dedication and attention to the details and all that was provided to us during our stay there. Next time we will imbibe of the Port and Sherry!

What an amazing time we had where my partner and I shared a milestone birthday and proposal of commitment (she said YES! :). It was truly an "Event" and no details were missed in making our stay memorable. Our room was the "Cheeky French Boudoir" and if I didn't know any better, I could have sworn that special feminine touches were added just for us. Tim was particularly helpful in providing for all the details needed for our time there to be Nat King Cole worthy..... erego..... "Unforgettable". :)

Between you and I, he even found us our very own and exclusive Love Tree (and we're not telling ANYBODY where it's at - we, like Lewis & Clark....lay claim to it!) :)

We look forward to returning....birthday after anniversary after birthday after anniversary....

1  Thank LZGMiami
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Our stay was fantastic! The service, hospitality, food and cleanliness was excellent. Everyone made you feel like you were a member of the family. We celebrated our "31st" anniverary there and we would recommend this B&B to everyone visiting St. Augustine. Our little "lady" was even made welcome. Thanks again Tim and John for a wonderful getaway and for being so gracious.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful and very nicely decorated.
1  Thank Trisha V