“Good bar and food”

A1A Ale Works Restaurant & Taproom
Reserve with OpenTable
A1A Ale Works Restaurant & Taproom is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #107 of 632 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our tradition of food made fresh, from scratch, and our unique selection of rotating craft beers are the most evident examples of this passion. Our restaurant and people offer a relaxed and inviting atmosphere, attentive and friendly service, fresh food carefully and creatively prepared, specially selected craft beers and other fine beverages. We feel it is this combination of elements that make a great dining experience possible.
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Went here to watch football. Very attentive bartender, Michelle made our night fantastic! Good drinks and food.

1  Thank Kathy H
Write a ReviewReviews (3,263)

Reviewed 15 January 2018

Tonight we went to A1A Ale Works and it was excellent. We watched the football game, listened to live music and hung out with friends. The service was very good and helpful. We will definitely go back again!

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Went to St Augustine for a short trip. Nice evening for a dinner on the 2nd floor patio. Noise level & ambiance was moderate, which is just what we were looking for.
I like to try new beers and meals when I travel. I found it difficult to see any beers that I might like that I haven’t tasted. I docked them a star for lack of ingenuity.
I ordered the Medallions for dinner and found them decent with one huge exception. The garlic potatoes were barely warm. So I asked for a new plate. The replacement plate was the same. Barely warm. Since they didn’t even try to make sure the replaces portion was warm I figured that I didn’t really matter to them and that why I docked them a star.
So all in all this place was average, hence 3 stars.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

We stopped in to grab some appetizers and drinks while we waited for our trolley time.
We were so pleasantly surpised and highly recommend coming here. They have downstairs bar area (seat yourself - first come first serve). They also have an upstairs dining area.

Recommend: bread pudding, wings, hummus plate

Drinks were good as well.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed this restaurant. However it was very busy, over an hour to wait for a table for 2. We sat at the bar and ate while a lot of people were behind us wanting to order drinks. We will go back on a not so busy day.