“Fun Place to Watch a Game and Have a Beer”
Review of A1A Ale Works

A1A Ale Works
Reserve with OpenTable
A1A Ale Works is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 604 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 January 2018

Tonight we went to A1A Ale Works and it was excellent. We watched the football game, listened to live music and hung out with friends. The service was very good and helpful. We will definitely go back again!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,061)

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Went to St Augustine for a short trip. Nice evening for a dinner on the 2nd floor patio. Noise level & ambiance was moderate, which is just what we were looking for.
I like to try new beers and meals when I travel. I found it difficult to see any beers that I might like that I haven’t tasted. I docked them a star for lack of ingenuity.
I ordered the Medallions for dinner and found them decent with one huge exception. The garlic potatoes were barely warm. So I asked for a new plate. The replacement plate was the same. Barely warm. Since they didn’t even try to make sure the replaces portion was warm I figured that I didn’t really matter to them and that why I docked them a star.
So all in all this place was average, hence 3 stars.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

We stopped in to grab some appetizers and drinks while we waited for our trolley time.
We were so pleasantly surpised and highly recommend coming here. They have downstairs bar area (seat yourself - first come first serve). They also have an upstairs dining area.

Recommend: bread pudding, wings, hummus plate

Drinks were good as well.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed this restaurant. However it was very busy, over an hour to wait for a table for 2. We sat at the bar and ate while a lot of people were behind us wanting to order drinks. We will go back on a not so busy day.

Reviewed 13 January 2018

Whenever we visit St. Augustine we always try to grab lunch or dinner at this restaurant. It's located at one end of the historic St. Augustine shopping district so it has fabulous views of the square and the Bridge of Lions. The main dining room is upstairs and the bar area on the first floor. The menu is varied for both lunch and dinner. On this particular visit, we ordered the crab BLT, Cuban sandwich and blackened chicken salad for lunch. Everyone enjoyed their meals - solid tasting and no complaints. Service continues to be friendly and attentive.