“St. Augustine Staple”
Review of A1A Ale Works

A1A Ale Works
Reserve with OpenTable
A1A Ale Works is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 604 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 13 January 2018

Whenever we visit St. Augustine we always try to grab lunch or dinner at this restaurant. It's located at one end of the historic St. Augustine shopping district so it has fabulous views of the square and the Bridge of Lions. The main dining room is upstairs and the bar area on the first floor. The menu is varied for both lunch and dinner. On this particular visit, we ordered the crab BLT, Cuban sandwich and blackened chicken salad for lunch. Everyone enjoyed their meals - solid tasting and no complaints. Service continues to be friendly and attentive.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,060)

Reviewed 10 January 2018

topped in for lunch and it was delicious, the porch on the upper level had a nice view of the Intracoastal and was enjoyable, food was cooked as requested and come out hot
this was our first time there but not our last

Reviewed 8 January 2018

We chose this restaurant in order to get a good view of the holiday lights and ended up with great meals, too. The jumbalya was delicious, and the rest of my party loved their food, too. Busy on a Thursday night due to holiday visitors, but the staff handled it well. Beer selection was nice.

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

We were there on Christmas Eve and were seated quickly as we did have reservations. While we knew we were going at the end of their day, as they were closing early, the food was wonderful.
The cheese soup is good but spicy and I like spicy foods.
Our meals were very good too.
One small hiccup is my bride ordered a mixed drink and our server said the bar was closed. However she said she would see if the bar downstairs would make it. They did and my bride enjoyed it but it would of been nice if the server just would have done it instead of making excuses why she might not be able to do it.
I would still recommend this place but ho early.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

Please do not visit this restaurant! This place used to be good. I gave my name to the hostess at 7:15 and told her that I was in a hurry. She asked me if I wanted to sit inside or outside on the balcony. I told her first available because I was in a rush. After being told it would be a 15 minute wait I checked back with her 45 minutes later to find out she only put me down for outside seating. I ordered surf and turf that took about another 30 minutes to come out. The waiter was horrible and didn't even come by the table. Eventually the food came out and was not good. My fries were cold and my daughters chicken wings were dry and over cooked.