“Pastry and Coffee”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Wow. I had the peach danish and a large coffee. The danish was light and perfectly sweet, relying on the fresh fruit rather than a ton of added sugar for flavor, and the custard in it was like air. Coffee was dark and rich. Perfection.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Not exactly paris but a definite French flair. Great French pastries including wonderful crloissants, crepes and more. Excellent European flair coffees. True French bakers in the kitchen. Very authentic. Very good. Don't be fooled by the very unpretentious location. A must stop.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I worked as a cook for a good 20 years while studying my photography and building my clientele. Part of my training was in French cooking and short order cooking. Only a few times have I ever encounter such poor service in a restaurant when it comes to breakfast.

In at 830 for breakfast at this little hole in the wall French pastry place my wife found that was close to our hotel. I for one don't really care for French food. But since my wife does I am willing to go with her idea.

Shouldn't have. Ordered a breakfast crape and omelette. Took almost an hour to get our food. (One thing I was taught when it comes to breakfast is that people can't wait like they can at lunch and dinner).

Corssant omelette was my order. First off the bread was store bought and old, while flakey it was hard as a rock. Eggs not full cooked. Crepe tasted like they had been made earlier that morning and just kept warm.

Servers were no where to be seen for the most part and when was asked what the hold up was he replied that the food was worth the wait. (How wrong was he).

Prices weren't to bad if you would have gotten actual quality food and service. But in reguards to the service and the quality it's not worth it. I personally will not be back to this establishment again.

1  Thank tcarter30601
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

OMG, to use on line expressions. It is a throw back to my time growing up in Europe. Authentic French cuisine with flavors to die for. Once done, take a baguette to the beach with you for a super snack.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Dazzled. We went for Brunch. Everything was delicious and very French. Special made omelets were about $9, but very filling I had the Turkey on a croissant with an aoli sauce which was exceptional. Also negotiated for the one remaining almond croissant. it was as special as any that I have ever had. Its a family affair, We met dad/owner and high school daughter wife works there as well. Brought home a small box of pastries which were perfect. Tres Bien!! it is the least expensive trip to France that you are going to find. Stop by, close your eyes and taste and you are on a bistro on the west bank.