“Very Good Food - Will Return”

Donovan's Irish Pub
Ranked #245 of 623 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 2 April 2016

We have visited this establishment several times over the past year. I normally stick to salads but decided to try the corned beef & cabbage today. My daughter had the shepherd's pie and hubby had reuben sandwich. The corned beef & reuben sandwich were very good; however, the shepherd's pie was excellent. Portions were standard size with the exception of the shepherd's pie which was fairly large. Service has always been average with no issues. We will definitely return again.

Reviewed 18 March 2016

The food is good, hard cider is good.
the staff are not a friendly as they could be. Perhaps it is because they are so busy

Reviewed 7 March 2016

Love Donovan's! Amazing Reuben. Great atmosphere, friendly service. Haven't been in years but it was just as good as I remember. Hope to be back soon. Took my Irish Boston friend and he said it reminded him of home...

Reviewed 2 March 2016

The first time I went here was with friends for happy hour and for a quick bite. The food took awhile to be served. I thought it was because it was happy hour. So, the next time we went I went with my family. This time we came in on a Sunday as soon as they opened. The establishment only had another family there but food took a long time to get again. So, I guess if you want to eat there be warned you will have a long wait for your food. However, the food was tasty.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

Love the selection of beers. The food has been excellent and also "not so good". I love the veggie wrap.