“Nice little pizza joint”

St. Augie’s Pizza
Ranked #328 of 638 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Description: The best New York style pizza in town!
Description: The best New York style pizza in town!
Reviewed 7 October 2018

I had heard a lot of people rave about this place. It has limited seating. The place was clean and the staff very friendly. They have pizza slices ready to go along with a couple of specialty items. I tried a piece of pepperoni pizza and a slice of spinach feta. The pepperoni was very good but the spinach and feta was kind of bland. They did have several condiments you could add to the pizza. Value was very good.

Reviewed 29 September 2018

We have lived here four years and have tried many of the pizza places. We were rooting for these guys after they fought back after the hurricane, hoping they would be awesome - because we live so close. Bingo. The pizza is amazing. Perfect crust. Perfect sauce. Grandma's style is my favorite - the sauce is thicker and richer. Tomato and mushrooms toppers were fresh. I'm sure I'll try everything on the menu eventually. Chicken parm is freshly breaded by hand. Pasta is al dente. And it's all hot and delicious and fresh fresh fresh. It's now our pizza "local." Thanks Amy and Augie !!

1  Thank Margaret K
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Possibly the best pizza in St Augustine. Perfectly located across from Flagler College. One can only imagine how convenient it would be for the students and faculty. Discounts for military and Flagler college students and faculty.

The pizza is as close to New York Style as I've seen. Chrissy crust with a nice, soft middle. The ingredients are all homemade and fresh. A great pizza. Slices are all freshly made. I'm coming back.

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Trust me, this will quickly become a must-stop shop for locals and visitors. We heard about this on a local Facebook restaurant review page. If you’re going to open a pizza shop in this town, it better be good.... it’s good; it’s dang good!

The owner’s introduced themselves; Augie and Amy (hence St. Augie’s). They came from New York and brought their craft with them.

Their pie selections are all the pies he would normally expect. But there are a couple of twists. They have a Chicken Bacon Ranch that is amazing. They also have a white sauce pizza with spinach and ricotta cheese that’s pretty fantastic too.

There are two things they have on their menu that I’ve never had before. The first is called a pin wheel. It’s basically like a pizza burrito. I’m not really sure how else to explain it. It’s like the guts of a pizza cooked in the dough and then sliced out. Trust me, I can’t do it justice here. This is a must try. The second thing they have is a totally stuffed pizza. Not a stuffed crust; the whole dang pizza is covered on the top and bottom with pizza dough. It’s quite a treat, trust me.

They really understand how to do a crust too. It’s not too thick, not too thin, it’s just right. And just the perfect amount of crunch.

I highly recommend stopping in. The prices are absolutely amazing too. We fed four people with soda drinks for $25.

Expect a little bit of New York attitude LOL. Not the bad kind, the good kind.

1  Thank BJAGOLD