“My ALL-TIME FAVORITE spot for lunch!”
Review of Cafe del Hidalgo

Cafe del Hidalgo
Ranked #11 of 46 Dessert in St. Augustine
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 15 October 2018

I visit Café Hildalgo for lunch every single time I visit St. Augustine, and if I am there with people who have never been to St. Augustine before, I take them with me. If I know people who are going to be visiting St. Augustine that have never been there before I ALWAYS tell them about Café Hildalgo.

LOVE the salads -- GET THE TUNA! But regardless of whether you get a sandwich or salad you can split it with a companion easily.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

It took 50 minutes to get food and the place wasn’t even half full. There was only one couple in front of us that ordered paninis they had just started working on. The problem was they had two people working both the Italian ice counter and the coffee/panini counter, and another young boy doing other stuff. The ice cream counter was slammed, so that was their #1 priority. We had two young kids with us that were getting a bit out of control waiting. Ugh! The paninis and Italian ice were great. We loved the variety of ice flavors. My only advice beyond being more timely with serving food is that the paninis definitely need more meat.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Hubby and I brought our son and grandsons here to eat lunch. There was a nice assortment of paininis, salads, and sandwiches. I had the Mona Lisa panini that had roasted turkey, brie, green apple and cherry preserves. It was great. Hubby and son had a Rubin panini, grandsons had the turkey, provolone panini. All came with chips and were made fresh. All were extremely delicious. The bread was very crunchy but almost melted in your mouth....very fresh and yummy. Prices were very reasonable. We did not take advantage of all the different flavored drinks or gelato because we were full. We would highly recommend coming here for lunch and we will be back.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I must say, we got so much more than expected when we decided to pop in to the restaurant at the last minute.
First it was so hot out and they have a water pitcher filled with ice and water to fill your cup until you float.
The food. Wow so much food for the small amount they charge.
I swear my salad could feed a family of four. (But I was not sharing it was so fresh and tasty).

Definitely a do over on my list next time I am passing through.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Happened on this place walking around. What a find. Had sandwiches, salad and gelato. All ingredients and food made with real care and thought. Chef said he took it over in July and made it his own. Passion and attention to detail is in everything you eat. Prices were great for the portion sizes and quality. I will eat at this place, any time I am in old town. No need to look elsewhere. Give it a try!!!!!

Date of visit: August 2018