“Okay Buffet”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Above the run of the mill buffets. Fred's is part of a chain but there are slight differences between this location and the one in Plant City. Love Fred's fried chicken! I think they make up for charging lower Buffet prices with expensive drinks.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

As one reviewer previously stated, " there is a reason for the wait". We live in another state and when planning to be in Tampa I told the family, " I want to go back to Freds", and was not disappointed! We waited about 45 mins, had a party of 7 and it's so true, so worth the wait. Southern food, cooked southern style with a seemingly endless selection. We had the most gracious and fun server, Marcy, what a delight! If you're in the area please stop in, again, its well worth it!

Reviewed 24 May 2018

We took my mom here for her birthday lunch and everyone enjoyed it. We got there about 2:30 pm and it wasn't too crowded, plenty of empty tables. We walked right up to the hostess stand with no wait at all. The hostess, for lack of a better word, was very crabby, and seemed very bothered that we had a party of 6. We noticed she was unpleasant to everyone, so we didn't take it too personally, but it did make a bad first impression. Our server, Becky, was fabulous. Everyone else was so friendly and the food was wonderful. Our family left stuffed and happy.

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

This was the second year i visited Freds. Superb southern food, so much choice. Great atmosphere and very attentive staff keeping our drinks topped up. A must to visit next time i am in Florida.

Reviewed 8 May 2018

Buffets are not usually my favorite way to dine...but for Fred's I make an exception! Breakfast was exceptional and being able to have fried green tomatoes for breakfast plus one of the best cinnamon rolls ever was a treat.
I understand that dinner at Fred's is equally good. It is a family-owned and operated business and that is probably why the food is so good.
Our waitress was excellent.