14 people are viewing this hotel
Reserve now, pay at stay
eDreamsUS$284
Hotels.comUS$284
Orbitz.comUS$284
All reviews big shout making sure in december growing pains following morning have a good time food is excellent blue team birthday celebration bowling alley red snapper italian restaurant sugar cane lobby bar coffee shop entertainment team water park
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 May 2020

This is by far the worst experience that we've had at a resort. My son and I traveled with another family over the Christmas and New Year holiday, so we were at this hotel for six days. Upon arrival, I was told the room I booked and paid for was not even built yet! Most of the amenities were not available; the rooms are poorly constructed. The "privilege " upgrade was a joke the whole thing was an overpriced nightmare; they promised to give me a refund and never came through with the full amount I fought with these people for three months after returning home. I paid for a privilege swim-up suite, and the room they put us in was on the backside of the hotel looking at a kiddie pool. Everyone at the front desk was incomplete and avoided us after they promised to take care of all our concerns. Not one but two families had a terrible experience, we will continue to travel, but we would never book any hotel with Ocean Hotels. I will follow this up with the email I sent to them they only let you post so much on reviews. Just say no to this hotel trust me.

Date of stay: December 2019
10  Thank Rodrickab
CustomerServiceOcean, sub manager at Ocean Coral Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2020

DEAR GUEST,

Firstly, we want to thank you on behalf of Ocean Coral Spring by H10 by the time it has taken you to share your comments with us about their past experiences here at the same time, to help us to improve our level of service which has been taken to special emphasis on these areas of opportunities you mentioned in your valuable comments.

We will be happy if you give us the opportunity to once again offer our services and to show them an unforgettable holiday.

Reviewed 23 April 2020

We thought this was a nice, clean resort and we loved its modern decor and design. Pros: friendliness of staff, huge beautiful pool, ocean view, bowling alley, the food and beach. (we enjoyed the beach even though the water is very shallow.) Cons: We did have an ant issue in the bathroom of our room. It wasn't a major problem just more annoying than anything. Sometimes we had to wait a long time to be seated for dinner, even though the restaurant wasn't even close to capacity. Drinks are not top shelf unless you are privilege. There were times when we could not get towels even first thing in the morning. Obviously there is still construction at this resort, but this in no way impacted our stay. Thank you Ocean Coral Spring for a great stay!

Date of stay: March 2020
1  Thank Kdtrh2
CustomerServiceOcean, Sub Manager at Ocean Coral Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2020

Dear Guest,

Receive our most cordial greetings,

On behalf of our Hotel Ocean Coral Spring By H10 we thank you for choosing us, it is a pleasure to have had here in our property , Comments like this help us to get better and better every day. Knowing the level of satisfaction we have achieved in our guests motivates us to continue working and overcome every day our services.

We look forward to welcoming you soon,

Best regards

Reviewed 15 April 2020

We had previously stayed at a H10 in Punta Cana (Ocean Blue & Sand) and had a wonderful time. We thought we would try their new resort and have an equally good time. We were so wrong. So very, very, very wrong.

We originally booked our Junior Suit Ocean View room in December 2019. When we arrived at 3:15pm Monday February 17, 2020 they could not find our reservation even though I had a confirmation number(see photo.) They stated they had no room listed for us. After much confusion they found our room and were just waiting for housekeeping to finish up. We did see others arriving and being taken to their room with no wait. We went to get a bite to eat and stopped back an hour later. We were again told the room is still not ready meaning an even longer wait. Each time we spoke with a member of the front desk they would disappear and another would take over. I pulled out my phone and stated I was calling to involve my travel agent. It was then they stated our room was ready. When eventually taken to our room it was not what we reserved but a “garden view” room which overlook a chain link fence covered with a black plastic (see photo.) We refused the room and insisted on the Ocean View room we had reserved and prepaid. After two hours of going back and forth they told us take the garden room or try another resort! The Manager Carolina Gomez would not come out to address the issue with us but kept communicating thru various staff members. Finally Orin from Guest Serviced admitted the hotel was overbooked and the room offered to us now was their last available room. He then pointed to people milling around the lobby who he said had reservations but no room. We contacted our travel agent who said to take the room offered and she would make calls on Tuesday.

On Tuesday our travel agent contacted us stating manager Carolina agreed to move us Wednesday to our Ocean View Room. That evening we stopped at Guest Services to confirm the change and asked how this would take place. Kayzon walked back to check with Carolina ( who still keeps herself hid) and then stated there would be a room change but non necessarily an Ocean View. I showed Kayzon the email I received from my travel agent showing Carolina had agreed to the Ocean View room earlier that day with my travel agent. Kayzon then texted Carolina and it was agreed it would be an Ocean View room. We were told to be packed and ready to change rooms at 2pm Wednesday.They would check us out of our current room at 9am on Wednesday. Talk about inconvenience.

At 2pm Wednesday we called Guest Services from our garden view room and we were told the Ocean View room was still was not ready!! Someone was still cleaning the room. A bellhop then arrived to move our luggage. I asked him where he was taking it. He did not have room keys, he thought we had the new room keys. He called the front desk from our room phone and stated he would stop back. We called Guest Services every 15-20 minutes. At one point the power was cut off to our current room for 15 minutes. I just saw valuable vacation time slipping away. Finally at 4pm I walked down to the lobby asking to speak to Carolina. Again a staff member was sent out to speak on her behalf. I stated I was becoming physically ill from the anxiety and stress they were causing me. She asked me to please sit down for a moment. She went to the office and five minutes later returned with a bellhop. We were on our way to the Ocean View room we originally reserved.

The new room was not in building 1 where we were staying. Instead we were taken to building 2 which is still under construction. The room did have a beautiful ocean view. However the room keys did not work and had to be replaced. The room next door was being used by staff/construction workers. The TV although new did not work( see photo.) Various lights did not work due to the plugs not matching the outlets (they eventually clipped off the ground prongs to make the plugs fit (see photo.) There was still grout drips on bathroom tiles and floor. The patio door would not lock (see video.) Loud construction noise all day and late into the evening hours (see video.) Artwork with cracked glass (see photo.) Construction dust in corners of the room (see photo.) The minibar refrigerator was not stocked.

On Thursday they came to fix the TV at 8:30 pm after multiple calls that day. Maintenance worker tried but stated he had to call a communication expert for Friday. He suggested we watch our smart phone that evening! What a great alternative. Housekeeping finally came by at the same time with some bottles of water for the mini fridge.

On Friday while we were out of the room the TV was finally fixed although I had to complete the final programming steps including assigning our room number to the TV.

I believe this room was not ready for occupancy and we were the first guests to stay in this room. They quickly cleaned it up Wednesday morning to make good on our reservation requirement. That would explain why there were so many mechanical things wrong when we first entered the room.

In most cases you are sad to leave a vacation resort. After the week of what we had experienced we were looking forward to leaving. We could put up with some noise/dust/etc. We cannot put up with how we were treated/ignored/lied to. The hotel manager Carolina is inept. She is indifferent to the guests and has no problem throwing her staff under the bus when communicating with the guests. She should be replaced or better yet FIRED. Both the guests as well as the hotel staff would benefit from that decision.

Date of stay: February 2020
10  Thank TonyandDenise50207
CustomerServiceOcean, Sub Manager at Ocean Coral Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2020

DEAR GUEST,

Reviewed 12 April 2020
Serious safety incident

I stayed at Ocean Coral Springs in Trelawney, Jamaica from March 8th-13th. Upon arriving at the resort check in was quick and easy. The resort is beautiful. I stayed in the Master Privilege Suite room 1166. The room was incredible, ocean front, large and beautifully decorated however, you could tell that the room was finished poorly. Sinks wouldn't drain properly, paint splatter on the floors, shower leaks onto the floor outside the shower. All that aside my dream trip quickly became uncomfortable. I traveled to the resort by myself, as a solo female traveler. I was not naive about the warnings for woman traveling to this county and I have traveled internationally before and I have never experienced this level of sexual harassment anywhere else I have been. I had security of the resort following me and making comments as i walked from the beach to the pool. I had waiters, maintenance men and cooks hit on me every time they got a chance. I could not even sit out on my balcony without a man saying something or trying to talk to me inappropriately. Even as uncomfortable as all of this made me feel I could have handled this... but the afternoon before I was to fly back home it got worse. I was on my way back from the beach and had stop to get food. When i reached my hotel room my hands were full and a man who stocks the fridge opened my room door for me, he then followed me into the room and grabbed me from behind, as i was struggling to get away from him he tried to kiss me. He then tried dragging me to the bed while telling me "I wanted it" and that "nobody would have to know". I fought back and made it to my room door and was able to push him out of the room. I then shoved a chair under the door handle and was terrified to leave my room. I barely slept that night and contact the resort before I left. The resort assured me that they would investigate this and handle it appropriately. Yet here we are 4 weeks later and the resort has done nothing. In fact the last email I received from them was a nondisclosure agreement that they wanted me to sign to issue me a 2 night refund as a "gesture of good will". They have yet to apologize or to acknowledge that I was almost RAPED in my hotel room by an employee of their resort. They will not tell me that they have fired this employee so it is safe to assume this man still works for this resort. I cannot in good faith not let others know of my experience at this resort. My fear is the next girl may not be lucky enough to get away. It is very clear that OCS and H10 resorts do not care about the safety of their employees.

Date of stay: March 2020
27  Thank khill0775
Tanesha Clarke, Sales at Ocean Coral Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2020

Dear Guest,

At Ocean Coral Spring we take seriously any allegation of sexual assault, harassment or any misconduct. Our primary goal is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for all our valued guests. The hotel employment policy involves background checks for all potential employees, orientation and extensive training in our company philosophy, values and vision.

In addition the hotel has security services which include CCTV system, security presence and patrols and risk management to contribute to a safe and secure environment for all our guests.

It was quite alarming when we received email of this sexual assault allegation and an immediate investigation by our hotel security personnel was done and swift action taken. While the hotel cannot confirm details of these allegations; we took a serious position on the matter because we put our guest concerns first and foremost.

The appalling behaviors described have no place in our company and will not be tolerated; the majority of Jamaicans can be described as warm and friendly and we seek to employ staff that represents the best of Jamaica.

We will be happy if you give us the opportunity to once again offer our services and to assure you that you can trust us to provide you a relaxed, safe environment with exceptional services and professionalism

Tanesha Clarke
Director of Sales

Reviewed 9 April 2020 via mobile

* I will start off by saying this resort has a lot of potential, majority of the reviews on here I personally believe is pretty far stretched the only thing I would say was a downfall was the ocean was pretty shallow.

Furthermore! The staff make this place worth it!! OSHANE ( I’m hoping that I spelt that correctly) he works overnight at the restaurant !! Amazing worker and fast service, he definitely went the extra mile for my family and I . He handled us professionally and was so kind, and I don’t remember the girls name but she’s slim and she works at the disco! Please forgive me but those fruity drinks you made us were perfection ! I’d definitely come back to this resort solely based on the fact of these staff members ! Thanks for looking out for us! Give this resort a chance it definitely has potential . Thank you thank you thank you ! OSHANE AND THE GIRL FROM THE DISCO !

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
CustomerServiceOcean, Sub Manager at Ocean Coral Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2020

Dear Guest!

Receive Ocean Ocean Coral Spring by H10 cordial greetings and our sincere thanks for the positive comments made by tripadvisor.com regarding your stay.

Knowing the level of satisfaction we have achieved in our guests motivates us to continue working and get through each day, through our expectations. At the same time to each of the employees who work here will let you know the great work they are doing exhorting them to continue doing so,

We look forward to welcoming you very soon in this, his home.