“Ah bar food”

The Crab Shack
Ranked #18 of 113 Restaurants in Port Richey
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

This place has a great atmosphere, beautiful view, open air next to the river before it empties into the gulf. The service was a little slow, but only had two servers on. Live band was o.k. The food is the typical Florida bar fare it was ok nothing new.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Crab Shack is a restaurant I visit often. It's easy to get to, RIGHT ON the water (has access for boaters), great setting/atmosphere and good inexpensive sips and eats. It's on the Cotee River, just across the main road (Rte 19) from several other restaurants. So you can move around but stay here and enjoy the very relaxed atmosphere.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Decent tiki bar to drink and have lunch. Pretty good sweet potato fries and shrimp tacos. Pretty rough looking but staff was nice and is pretty on the river.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Had been several months since we have been to the former crab shack now shark bites. Almost left when we saw name change but thought, no we have made many trips there and was always delicious meals, prompt and excellent service with great prices. We should have turned around in parking lot and left!!

The menu is now huge which may explain why it takes almost 25 minutes to get 3 pretzel sticks and some cheese sauce. It took almost 45 minutes to get a grilled chicken sandwich and a soft shell crab sandwich. The soft shell crab sandwich had only 2 smaller crabs on roll used to be 3 when they were that size plus now they are listed at “market price”. Yesterday market was $20.95 !!! Most of the many dinner selections are now set a “market price”.
The chicken sandwich seemed a bit tough and rubbery so I decided to just cut into bites and forget roll. The knife would not cut through chicken it was so tough. Wonderful waitress who was genuinely upset for our wait time for meal saw condition of chicken and brought over the owner. She came over to see what problem was, she looked at the tough chicken and offered me a steak knife to help me cut it!?! Then owner brought the steak knife asked if that helped I told her no and asked her to please take it off check. She told me they could make me another I told her no thanks didn’t have the time to wait. The waitress brought check and apologized again for the entire experience.

As we were about to leave owner showed up with a fresh chicken breast sandwich. Told me I needed to try it. I told her no thanks and that I didn’t ask her to have it cooked again. We didn’t want to wait and would not have had them waste food. She left our table told us she didn’t have enough help in the kitchen to get orders done. No apologies just very matter of fact as if she didn’t care if meal was bad or not. Such a shame we and friends of our from the St Pete/Clearwater area loved this restaurant before change of ownership but won’t be back again used to be well worth the drive!!

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

We had come here when it was the crab shack and were not impressed. Since it’s reopening as Shark bites we thought we would give it another try. Now we have been there several times by boat ( they have docking). The food has been excellent every time! They still need to work on service but it is getting better. If you like casual waterfront dining and live music this place is for you!