“Real”

Ranked #6 of 113 Restaurants in Port Richey
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are happy to announce that the original ownership of Sorrento's is back in charge. JOSEPPI IS BACK!!! Once again you can enjoy all your cookies, cakes, pastries and Italian Meat & Cheeses. The restaurant as been re-modeled with an Italian made Brick Oven that is on display for you and your family to enjoy!!!.
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

So I’ve been driving by this location for years. There are two distinct businesses one is the diner one is the bakery.

The diner looks like it’s seen better days. There is an area that is blocked off and it looks like at one point there was a deli in there but now the cases are empty.

Anyway, the stuff we ate was wonderful. Everything was made from scratch when you came in. It took awhile but they gave us complimentary garlic bread / toast while we were waiting.

The pizza was unlike anything I had ever had before, the crust was cooked but almost dough like. Also the pizza was naked on a wood fired oven. In Illinois we used to have a place that did that but they closed.

Anyway, the other dishes were way bigger than expected and we ended up taking some hole. The marinara sauce was obviously made in house, and it was really good.

Olive Garden is across the street and this place is better, actually Italian and cheaper. 3 adults and a child were under $50 for Saturday evening dinner

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I have not had more authentic Neapolitan pizza since I was in Italy. The wood burning ovens and thin crust pizza is as authentic as it gets! Do not under any circumstances think you are going to get a pizza that you have had at any other establishments. This is the real thing.
The y also have a butcher and an Italian market. Try it... you’ll like it!

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank 16jimmyf
Reviewed 16 May 2018

Try it they are just as good as the pastry shops up north! The fig cookies and conoli's are to for for!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Horrible service waited for 2 hours and was told they have not started on my shrimp scampi meal and did not have lasanga my wife ordered and this is her mother's day, so we should have went to Olive Garden instead will Never go there again. We left.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 14 April 2018

under new ownership it is Bella Amore. for starters we ordered roasted whole garlic with toast. Fresh and delicious. I have never seen a restaurant offer whole roasted garlic and Italian bread toast. Garlic rolls out of this world. I had angel hair pasta cooked perfectly.With a marinara sauces peppers and onions and a meat ball (meat balls were fresh made) salad made with roasted red peppers and spring mix. Dressing the olive oil was great. not the cheap imitation stuff. My sister had the home made egg pasta light and tasty with red clam sauce she said it was perfect. I highly recommend this restaurant. you will not be disappointed The owners Laura and Aiello came to table conversed with us and made the dinning experience even better.

Date of visit: April 2018