“Best Visit for Us - was not always the case”

Harold Seltzer's Steak House
Ranked #2 of 113 Restaurants in Port Richey
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Rediscover the Great American Steakhouse tonight at Harold Seltzer's. Located in the heart of Port Richey Florida at Gulf View Square Mall, the Original Seltzer's Steakhouse is back with excellent food, friendly service and roaring fireplaces for a guaranteed good time.Join us for date night or a family outing and enjoy delicious steaks, seafood and homemade sides in our classic and cozy atmosphere. Our extensive lunch, dinner and late night menus offer a variety of dishes including our hand cut steaks that are perfectly aged (35+ days), flame broiled and lightly spiced for better flavor and tenderness. We also feature weekly specials and a daily happy hour at our full bar with specialty cocktails, draft and bottled beer and a wide selection of wines.Please visit our website for a full menu and additional information on takeout, delivery, catering and private party availability. From everyone at Harold Seltzer's Steakhouse, we welcome you to our family and hope you enjoy your time with us as much as we enjoy serving you!
Reviewed 1 October 2018

This visit was the best we have had. We do not go often, but friends go regularly on Thursdays. We met up with them for Prime Rib Special and would say it is the best meal we have had there. We all sat in a booth in the bar and were served by the bartendress. She is a great gal and did such a thorough, attentive job I did not realize she was also tending bar!

Our prime ribs were done to a nice med rare and quite tender. Our friends shared one that was little under done (rare vs med rare and a little chewy, he said). I would say this experience was nearly as good as Cody's with a different atmosphere. Will go again on Thursday for Prime Rib and sit in a bar booth!

1  Thank vinomanfla
Harold S, Owner at Harold Seltzer's Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Thank you for coming back to see us and give us another try. I'm very happy that you enjoyed everything and we do look forward to seeing you again on Thursday! :)

Reviewed 24 September 2018

Had a surprise party on a Friday night. 40 people there. Food was fantastic! Not one complaint. Waiters were very very very good. Worked hard to get everyone’s drinks and orders perfect. Also have a private room that can be rented for functions. Perfect night, perfect food and drinks. Wonderful experience.

1  Thank llviall923
Harold S, Owner at Harold Seltzer's Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Thank you so much for trusting us with your special event and for the excellent review! We hope you'll come see us again very soon!

Reviewed 24 September 2018

We made reservations and were seated promptly upon arrival. Service was friendly and stayed on top of things without being intrusive. From lobster to filet to prime rib , everything was cooked exactly to order and arrived as expected. The sides were good and the overall value is very good. The total for our meal was about 25% less than what I expected.

1  Thank Scott B

Thank you so much Scott for the excellent review! We'll never get tired of hearing that our food and service are great, but hearing that the quality and value is music to our ears! Please come see us again soon!

Reviewed 23 September 2018

My partner and I went there for their prime rib, and it did not disappoint. I had a chef's salad that was so filling I could not finish it.. If you are ever at the Gulfview Mall in Port Richey this is a must stop

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank pfoglietta

Thank you for the excellent review and for stopping in for lunch! We hope you'll be back again soon for our daily specials! Don't forget that we deliver!

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

I was in the mood for a prime rib and I took my granddaughter out to dinner the child's menu was horrible not every child eat steak or prime ribs waiter was pleasant asked him to bring us lemonade strawberry lemonade he brought us raspberry tea brought my Caesar salad it was so drenched with dressing I couldn't eat it had an appetizer coconut shrimp they were just okay ask for my prime rib medium rare more in the rare side he brings in overcooked prime rib had to get another one this one was so tough I could barely cut it cooked perfectly not too happy very expensive for what I had I will not be returning there's other restaurants that have better Prime ribs and better service

Date of visit: September 2018
Harold2727, Owner at Harold Seltzer's Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018

Please accept my apology for not responding to you much sooner. I'm sorry that your food was not to your liking and surprised by your comments about our 'kid's menu', since most of our customers and their children rave about it. Not only do we have the traditional chicken fingers, hot dog, hamburger etc., our kids may also enjoy a great steak or prime rib like their parents, and all meals include both a beverage and ice cream in that very low price. I do hope you will give us another chance to impress and see for yourself that we provide great food and service at a very reasonable price. Thanks, Harold