“Delicious desserts!”

Herbert's Bakery & Bistro
Ranked #1 of 4 Bakeries in Port Orange
Description: We are European-style family owned and operated business. We bake everything fresh each morning from scratch with no powders or preservatives at all! We also serve organic breakfasts, homemade sandwiches, freshly prepared salads and European comfort food!
Reviewed 10 January 2017

I found this online & wanted something unique & sweet. This really fit the bill--a European pastry shop that uses real butter & other ingredients. The pastry I finally decided on (it was hard to decide) was absolutely delicious. It's a tiny shop in a strip mall that you must be looking for to find--and it's worth it! I'm sure I'll return. It was worth the 9-mile drive.

Reviewed 7 January 2017

I am visiting Daytona Beach (10 mins from Port Orange) and came across this gem! It absolutely lives up to its reviews on TripAdvisor. I first came here about 9 days ago, and have returned every day since. The food, ambiance, service, and value are second to none. I have tried various dishes, I am not going to try and spell them and risk embarrassing myself, but they have all been great. The soups, sandwiches, omelets, pastries, and oh the coffee here are all very very good! Please make it a point to check this place out. You will be very pleased and never want to leave!

1  Thank ELVI G
Reviewed 5 January 2017

We'd just returned from two months traipsing around Eastern Europe and were suffering severe pastry withdrawal. We used to eat Publix bakery but, after becoming accustomed to the best pastries in the world, we dumped an entire Publix apple pie in the trash ... totally inedible. Then someone told Hubby about Herbert's. Wow! Just wow!

The baker is Hungarian, and the pastry tastes like it was just brought here fresh from Budapest. Real fruit, real cream and whipping cream, very little fake sugar flavor, and lighter than air. Items are a tad pricey at $2.80-$3.50 per slice, but for an occasional treat it doesn't matter.

Herbert's also serves breakfast omelets till 11:00 daily and all day Saturday. They serve sandwiches and lunch specials till 4:00 pm. They're closed Sunday.

The restaurant utilizes a lot of fresh organic ingredients in their breakfast/lunch, which suits our family perfectly. Three of us dined for lunch. Hot or cold sandwiches are $6.49 including chips or an apple. You can upgrade to a side salad for an additional $2.99. Food can take up to half an hour to arrive, depending on how busy they are and what you order. Everything is made from scratch after you place the order.

There is no wait staff. You order at the counter and your food is brought to your table. You buy drinks in a separate refrigerator. My only complaint is the unfriendly service. We've had the same counter person three times, and she doesn't seem to like her job at all.

1  Thank FancyFree55
Reviewed 4 January 2017

Stopped in here just to see what they had. Oh my! I left with a box full of goodies and each was better than the last. You could tell everything was freshly made and oozed of natural goodness. If you're in the area, peek in. I'm betting you won't leave without wanting to try at least one of their goodies.

Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

My mom and I decided to stop and have a coffee and hot chocolate. While we were there we decided to order a danish to eat with our hot drink.
My mom said it was the best hot chocolate she ever had. My coffee was also very good. The danish was very fresh and yummy.
I would definitely recommend this bakery.