Days Inn Port Charlotte
US$122
US$72
US$178
US$133
All reviewsrestaurant next doorjd's bistrofront deskroom was cleantamiami trailoatmealfirst floorstay there againthe staff was friendly and helpfulcoffee makernice breakfasthousekeeping staffair conditionerfree breakfastnice staynice poolpunta gorda
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We drove a hours to visit some west coast beaches and also for a family birthday party. We arrived on a Friday night for 2 nights. Being only one of the only hotels in the area we needed to be close to we were hesitant. We arrived and really couldn’t tell where parking for lobby was. We walk over to lobby through pool and come on to a nice and very clean lobby. We were greeted by a young lady who was very nice but you can tell she’s new. So it took a bit for checking in with the help of manager.so I asked please for a quiet spot so we get 3rd floor by stairs on the street facing side of building with next door a group of inconsiderate people who were talking, screaming at kids and drinking beer til like 1 am. So finally they shut up.
I must say the room although small was super clean and the housekeeping staff super nice and attentive. I recommend it for clean but only if you get the other side of the building. Also make sure you are aware, if you go to the restaurant next door JD’s, which is very good for dinner but very standard, basic not really good for breakfast. Dinner at JD’s is a nice, white table cloths Jazz style and you should dress accordingly. Breakfast although free from hotel voucher. Is your typical hotel lobby food. I would skip it and go to Bob Evans that’s very good.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Port Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

MChoney,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and share your experience of Days Inn Port Charlotte Hotel. It is heartwarming to hear of how our efforts to impress you with our hospitality, comfort and convenience have been successful. We are thrilled to find out that we were able to make this occasion more enjoyable. We hope to see you again, soon!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Days inn was a lovely stay. The staff were friendly and warm. The room immaculate with all amenities microwave,fridge, coffee etc and even a dehumidifier/air purifier. Beds were comfortable/ bfast hot.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Hi Jillian,

Thank you for sharing your perspective of our hotel’s accommodations and services of Days Inn Port Charlotte Hotel. It is very rewarding to hear your perspective of our hotel and we appreciate that you have acknowledged our efforts to provide a clean, comfortable, and hospitable experience. It is so rewarding to hear that we were able to give you a five star experience and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed at the Days Inn in Port Charlotte over the weekend and I must tell you, I had a wonderful experience. The Front Desk Staff was very friendly and helpful. Robin who checked us in was very hospitable having all the right answers for our questions. Becky the front desk clerk that checked us out asked us how our stay was and very intuitive about getting to the interstate. The General Manager Debbie always had a smile on her face, and you could tell that her guests happiness was her number one priority. The property is beautiful and well maintained. The heated pool was just as nice with comfortable seating for guests. I would stay here again

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Rgreene052513,

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you have rated our hospitality and accommodations so highly Thank you for taking the time to share this five star experience with our management, staff, and future guests. We hope to impress you again during your next visit and we thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I added on five days at the Days Inn for a previously booked trip when other options were unavailable last minute for extending my stay in the area. The managers, staff, and maintenance person were mostly pleasant and helpful, with one glaring exception (see below). Check in was fine and the room was fairly clean though a bit dusty. Maybe it was one that didn't get used frequently. The breakfast buffet at the restaurant on site was better than average for a hotel chain with lots of bread and cold food options, but only the same sausage and eggs for protein. They did have oatmeal and a waffle maker available. They immediately attended to a broken chair, and dead battery in the safe, and clogged toilet. The toilet also had a leak in the tank so was refilling constantly and the A/C did not seem to work very well but was adequate. I had given up asking for help after a couple of days of frustration with the number of issues and didn't bother with the last two items as they didn't bother me terribly. My stay was seriously impeded because the WiFi didn't work in the room, or sometimes in the lobby. They were eventually able to get it working in the lobby, and I had to do my work there. The management and staff were trying very hard to please so I might have given a higher rating, until the last night. Previous managers had said that the lobby was locked at 11:00pm but that I could work there or knock to be admitted if I needed to upload something as the WiFi wasn't working in my room. I am a photographer and shoot during the day but need to edit and upload work at the end of the day. The last night, the "night clerk" came to me and rudely said no one was allowed to be in the lobby at all after 11:00. (We are not talking about 3:00 am. I was only needing to work between 11:00 pm and midnight. I had uploaded some things at that hour the night before.) I explained that the WiFi wasn't working in my room and previous night clerks had allowed me to do work as needed, but she refused and was belligerent, so I decided to leave. Then she sarcastically said, "Have a nice night" as I was leaving. I am not sure what was going on with this woman but I am fairly certain she was screaming in the parking lot the next morning before leaving the parking lot with screeching tires. Her rudeness, belligerence, and unprofessionalism really killed it for me. I will not stay here again if I come back to Port Charlotte and cannot recommend the Days Inn. (That said, as I went to check out that morning, the desk manager could not have been more pleasant.) Despite some the positive efforts of some, I was thrilled to be leaving this hotel. I expected only a clean room, everything in working order (or promptly fixed), and a professional staff, even at a Days Inn. The constant WiFi problems and heinously bad experience the last night ruined this stay for me.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Port Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We take this very seriously and are very sorry about the issues you faced; this has been forwarded to management. Thank you again for sharing and we hope to earn your business in the future by continuing to evolve and improve guest experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

While in town to attend a seminar nearby, I prefer Days Inn for the convenience to the conference center. I prefer the rear of the motel which faces a park-like area with gorgeous trees hung with moss, picnic tables and grills, and plenty of room for children to work off some energy, or adults to walk the pooches. The service is always great, staff pleasant and helpful, and breakfast nearby at JD's Grill just across the parking lot. This provides a larger area with tables to enjoy your morning meal. Also an area easy to get to beaches and great shopping at the Premium Outlet. Always an enjoyable visit.

Stayed: February 2018

We are always striving to improve our offerings and that is why your input is so important. Thank you for sharing your experience and comments pertaining to our staff and parking. Through guest feedback like yours we are better able to enhance guest experience; so thank you.