“NICE NEW ENGLAND SEAFOOD”
Review of RJ's Cafe and Deli

RJ's Cafe and Deli
Ranked #36 of 231 Restaurants in Port Charlotte
Reviewed 12 August 2018

RJ's is adding seafood year-round. Their menu includes clam chowder three ways: Manhattan (red), New England (white) and Rhode Island (clear). All three are delicious. Their fish is HADDOCK, and they have true Rhode Island Clam fritters, and calm with bellies - not just strips. It's not classy, but HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for good food at reasonable prices.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 24 June 2018

WOW.....I lived in this area for several years but I have never been to RJ's Café...…….Last month we happen to be in the area, saw their signage and decided to give them a try for lunch...….New England Style entree's at it's best......Fresh / Great presentation / Ample quantity. Since that 1st "lets give it a try" we have been back 3-4 times and ordering different entree's each time. Great food - Great service - ample parking - More than fair pricing. Give these locals a try.

WT Cote

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

The food taste was excellent. The portion size was very small. Don’t go here looking for ambiance it’s more of a cafeteria style with table service. I understand that the cost of New England seafood in Florida is exorbitant which is probably the reason behind such small portions. Even with an appetizer I left hungry

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank pasqualep455
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Four of us ate here recently for the first time and we were very pleased. Our food was hot, the service was efficient and friendly and best of all the taste was excellent. One of us, who usually orders lobster rolls when they are on the menu, did so again and declared it was the best lobster roll he ever had. The roll had lots of meat and the roll was grilled just right. My wife and I had two different stromboli's both were very tasty. The other person in our group had the shepherd pie special and she said it was excellent. All four of us will return again to this restaurant when we are in the area.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank mike I
Reviewed 2 March 2018

Four of us went in search of some good New England style seafood and we found it here. Located in a small strip mall, with only a room that was designed for a deli style service, we ate wonderful fresh and perfectly cooked seafood. Whole belly clams (hard to find here in FL), shrimp, scallops and marvelous fried haddock. I am eager to return and try their Maine lobster rolls next time. Our seafood platters this day came with a small portion (but tasty) of cole slaw and a lot of French fries. The fries were not so wonderful and next time I hope to get a pasta salad or different side., Prices for the seafood platters ranged from $15 - $19, depending on size of serving. Waitress was pleasantly casual and efficient. and the menu offered many other things if you do not like seafood.

Date of visit: February 2018