“Fun But Average”

Ichiban Japanese Steak House
Ranked #79 of 225 Restaurants in Port Charlotte
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

I went here at the suggestion of some friends and was treated like a King by the delightful family that own this establishment. The restaurant like the strip center it is located within is a little worn and tired looking. The food was typical of an Hibachi Style restaurant and I would say average. I did have a lot of fun and the chef put on a great show. Since the options for Hibachi dining are limited in Port Charlotte I will certainly return.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

My girlfriend and i went there early new years eve expecting a great time and meal.We ended up being very dissapointed the food wasnt the best the rice was served in a bowl and not on the flat top an the bill was high

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

A bit of a wait for the hibachi chef
Not much of a show but the food was well cooked
The meat was moist and tender
The veggies were nice and crisp
Atmosphere leaves much to be desired
Probably won't go back but it wasn't bad

Reviewed 12 April 2017

One chef for four filled tables was awful. We had to wait until two other tables were cooked for and served. We sat for a very long time while other restaurants have a chef for each table. No choice on the salad dressing. Did not care for what I got. When the chef finally got there the other guests sitting at my table were quite upset. I found the meal to be bland. The chicken and steak I had, did not have any flavor. This is the worst Japanese Restaurant I have ever been to. Even the rice was bland and boring.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

This is a must when we go to Port Charlotte. It's in a strip mall and at first glance you may think you wouldn't want to eat there. BUT the food is always fresh and you must ask for Sam. He puts on a good show cooking the meal. He's also attentive to what you like or don't like and serves you accordingly. One drawback is there wine selection. "Premium Wine" is on the menu but I wish they would upgrade to a "Quality Wine"..