“Great food!!!”

Ichiban Japanese Steak House
Ranked #79 of 225 Restaurants in Port Charlotte
Reviewed 31 January 2017 via mobile

Based on reviews we chose dinner at Ichiban in Port Charolette, FL. This steak house is not related to Ichibans in Minneapolis. Service was friendly and food was very good. Atmosphere was very casual, location is in a strip mall. We did eat later at night so maybe staffing was adjusted for the hour, but there was only one teppanyaki chef who rotated between the 3 or 4 tables. The wait was a bit long for him to complete the table before us, but once he arrived he was friendly, talented and efficient. Meal was great.

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

For one, it's only about five minutes from my house. For two the staff is funny and sweet.. They definitely make you smile when your at the Hibachi table! I need to go back for more sushi actually! My mouth is watering.

Reviewed 2 June 2016

Great sushi and habachi food is good also. Very small place in a strip mall no atmosphere but good food.

1  Thank FLBlonde44
Reviewed 24 May 2016

I went with my daughter's Girl Scout Troop ages 12-14. We had their end of year awards ceremony there with some of the "cookie"money they earned this year. The girls had a great time. The sushi is always good as is the service. It is one of the lesser expensive Japanese places in town. I had the Shrimp and Chicken and my husband had the steak. The girls had either chicken or steak. It was all yummy.

1  Thank Jae H
Reviewed 14 April 2016

The food here never disappoints. I deducted a star this time though because I noticed they are cooking your food in margarine. I asked about it and the cook told me it was "better for the grill." Knowing what I know about inflammatory fake oils and how bad they are for people, they lost a little bit of credibility.