“Oxtail and Goat”

Patsy's Caribbean Delight
Ranked #79 of 227 Restaurants in Port Charlotte
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

This small, mostly take out restaurant deserves a try. We ordered the Goat meat and Oxtail entrees. The food was plentiful and hot....served in microwavable containers. Interested spices, not spicy and worthy of a second visit. The owner is very sweet and the restaurant will be supported by it's growing fan base.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Ate at Patsy's for the first time. For anyone who has been to the Caribbean, Patsy's friendly smile and laughter makes you feel you are back. This is delicious island fare with generous portions served with the ambience of the islands. Patsy and her husband have done a wonderful job at making the atmosphere authentic and appealing. She has an amazing number of entrees as well as a number of interesting sides. My wife is a macaroni & cheese aficionado and she says the Macaroni Pie is the best and most plentiful she has ever had.

Prices reflect the quantity of you get - be sure to ask for a take out box!

You gotta go!

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

We were looking for a local lunch stop off I75 and were attracted to Patsy’s Caribbean Delight. This clean and colorful restaurant is family owned and friendly. Place your order at the walk up window and be prepared to wait a few minutes for your food made to order! Vegetable coco bread, jerk chicken, beans and rice, red beans and macaroni pie were delicious and well worth the wait. If you are driving through Port Charlotte FL, think about a detour to Patsy’s. And if you live locally, you’re lucky that a taste of Jamaica is just around the corner.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

Walked in this week to order take out. From the time I placed the order, to the time I paid for everything, I had a wait of 64 minutes. Not sure I've ever had to wait that long in my life in a restaurant. Patsy was by herself, but my goodness, this is a restaurant. Customer service is one of the main reasons why people choose a place to eat. No one should have to wait that long for their order. Why not come out and apologize and maybe comp the patron with a small empanada or something? If you're in a hurry, you might want to consider another place to eat. On the plus side, the food was great as it always is. I've been here 8 times since they opened and the food is always fantastic.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I live in North Port and go by here daily but never stop, I finally did and am glad I did. I ordered the Jerk Pork to go. It was great, just the right amount of spice. I thought it was kind of pricey until I saw the amount of food I got, enough for two good size meals. I can't wait to go back and try something else