“Really, truly, terrible ”
Review of China Star

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
China Star
Ranked #198 of 422 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Avoid at all costs.

Ordered Hunan Beef. Received mostly broccoli, carrot and some other vegetables, but the little meat it had, had a bad flavor.

Pork-fried rice was also terrible.

Won-ton soup was mostly water, had a few soggy noodles, with some blackish meat inside (my wife is vegetarian).

Reviewed 30 July 2018

Like others, my friends and I get a craving for Chinese. We were in the shopping center where they are located and decided to get takeout for a late lunch. I had the General Tso's chicken. It was the best I ever had. Sometimes when you order this dish from other restaurants the chicken is stringy and almost unedible. But what they served was so good and there was just the right amount of spice. Getting a craving just thinking about the dish. Will be back next year.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

It is in a small strip mall close to Wyndham Palmair and across from Isle casino and racetrack. Food is made fresh for you and they have great specials during the week. Impossible to finish the portion that they serve. prepare to take some home. Fresh is the best.

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

We recently moved to Florida, we love Chinese food on Saturday nights. This place had some good reviews. I gave this one star because the BBQ Ribs were meaty. I had the Roast Pork Egg Foo Young. They were so greasy. The sauce was not the usually gravy, it was a watered down I don't know brownish liquid. The egg roll was not homemade, but frozen and deep fried. Shrimp chow mein was no more than cabbage soup. I'm sorry I wish I could have been kinder.

Reviewed 2 January 2017

I usually get the Shrimp in Garlic Sauce, but Ive tried other dishes and they were very good. I take out because i don't like the eat in atmosphere.