US$83
  • Breakfast included
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$68
  • Pool
All reviewspoinciana blvdnice quiet place to staywell stocked kitchenbedroom condonice lounge chairsboggy creekupgrade feescreened in porchno elevatorwasher and dryernice condocomplete kitchenjacuzzi tubevery requestnice featurecleaning supplieswell maintained and clean
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I have vacationed in the Orlando area many, many times. I have enjoyed my stay in Orlando, Celebration and Kissimmee; therefore I assumed that all of the area resorts were similar, or at least safe. I was shocked to find that this place, Alhambra at Poinciana, was NOT located nearly as close to the Orlando area attractions. Actually, it is so far South of the attractions, and in an almost desolate area, I couldn't beleive it could still be classified as Kissimmee. (if you walk to the corner of the property, you are actually in another county, POLK County)

The place advertises that it has Internet access. IT DOESN'T. Or, it supposedly didn't only while I was there. The supposed Internet is for a fee... no problem, nothing in life is free. So, I paid. And, I tried to get onto the Internet. NO INTERNET. I called the office, I visited the office, I tried many times to follow their advice. They lied. The Internet provider, a third party source, told me that Alhambra usually has problems. I stayed there for a full week, and only had spotty Internet connection for perhaps 2 hours the entire week. I was told it was going to be fixed. I wonder how many others are told the same thing... week after week, or until they check out. I paid for Internet, and the office simply told me to "keep trying" when they knew this was an ongoing problem. However, I wasn't there for Internet, I was there to enjoy my time in the Orlando area, so NOT SUCH A BIG DEAL.

But the BIG DEAL and shocker for me was, while I was in my room around noontime, I heard jamming and pushing on the door. The maintenance men assumed I was out and they were using their pass keys to enter MY ROOM!! I heard them pushing and jamming on the door, which they couldn't open because I had placed the interior security lock on the door while the room was occupied. There were two doors into the room, and they were JAMMING AND TRYING TO FORCE BOTH DOORS. They were trying to defeat the security lock on my door. I finally opened the door and questioned them as to what they were doing... they were carrying an orange Home Depot 5-gallon bucket with some rags on top of the bucket. They QUICKLY left the doorway, mentioning something in Spanish.

I immediately called the front desk and asked "Why were these men trying to break into my room?". Instead of knowing why, she called them and they told her that they "needed to see the floor". I asked if the floor was broken or in need to repair or service? The answer, "No, nothing is wrong, in need of repair, service or attention... they just wanted to look at the floor?

Huh???? They wanted to "look" at the floor, while they assumed I was out of my room? What if my wife was sleeping in bed or my young daughters were in the room at the time? What was their motive, since they had no tools or reason to be there in my room? All they had was an empty 5-gallon bucket covered with a few rags. I believe that they were up to no good, and thought no one was there and the bucket was to conceal anything they found inside my room, and the rags were to wrap or cover any of my stuff they found. There was NO reason for them to be there and that was confirmed by the front office.

Be careful and forewarned if you decide to visit Alhambra at Poinciana.

Room Tip: Be careful and forewarned. Perhaps leave your valuables in your trunk or carry them with you. There is an in-room safe, but I am certain that the facility has a way to opening it for you in case you forget the code, or in case they need access.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
28  Thank Joel33328
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Not a mega resort. Close to anything you'd need. Recently updated units and grounds.
Best attractions or restaurants nearby - Close to the Disney Parks and other tourist attractions but away from the congestion. (However, if visiting the Disney Parks is your main purpose then you might want to stay closer or break up your visits to the parks). Close to stores and many eating options.
I was unsure of what we'd find at this resort since it had gotten mixed reviews. Happy to report they listened to those who had complaints and were in the midst of updating units and the grounds. I would not hesitate to book here again. Front desk was always pleasant and helpful. Our one bedroom unit (54A) was already updated and was very nice although it had an ugly view of the housing development next door and was close to an intersection. We had guests spend a night and the 2 entrances to the bathroom was a real plus for those middle of the night visits. We didn't use the large jacuzzi tub but it's there for those who would. Kitchen is small but sufficient. Yes, there a a LOT of sirens since there is a fire station close by but they didn't create any sleeping problems since we ran the overhead fan. They were updating the grounds putting in new planting, BBQs and shuffle board courts. Guest also have access to the YMCA, which is very close, for more workout options. A lot of walking options. It was a bit chilly when we were there so pool wasn't used. It is small but adequate. There is really no "WOW" factors here. Just a clean, calm place to stay and relax.

Room Tip: I'd request an update unit overlooking the golf course.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank ivanblossoms
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We stayed the first two weeks of February 2012
Our 1 bed room had ever thing that we needed also very clean
We also found the staff very friendly and helpfull
Had to pay for internet no problem very reasonable and no down time in using
Pool area very clean and great to use
Grounds were clean and kept clean daily by staff
Found staff at front dest great to chat with and they knew what was in the area to see and visit
Will look forward to staying here again
John and Penny McNamee Canada

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
11  Thank Rick M
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We stayed in a 1 bedroom upgraded villa which more than met our expectations. Clean and well appointed. The kitchen was modern with all necessary amenities. Nice modern bathroom.
We were on a golf vacation so the distance from Disney and other attractions was not a problem. Lots of golf courses in reasonable distance. Walking distance to Solivita for golf or dinner at the Grille. Easy access to Orlando and shopping by taking 20 min trip up Poinciana Blvd. Traffic on Cypress Pkway and John Young Blvd very heavy esp early in the morning.
Didn't spend much time at the resort itself so can't comment on the grounds or pool as we were usually gone by 7 am and returned after dinner. There weren't many good restaurants close by- some fast food but except for the Grille at Solivita (good food and great prices) we usually ate dinner before coming back for the night.
A little noisy at night with sirens, located close to busy road but did not bother us too much. Would definitely stay here again if in the area for golf but not if we had family going to Disney.
Staff seemed pleasant but had little contact with them during our stay except for check in.

Room Tip: Ask for upgraded room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank caddke
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Accomodations are Very Good:
Our suite was fantastic. 1 bedroom plus pull out couch, kitchen, dining room and balcony. Very large bathroom. Flat screen 32 inch in LR. Everything new. Very quiet there.

The Big Trade-off:
At least 25 min to Disney, and more during rush hour. You drive far, but get a nice suite for cheap. We knew that going in, so can't complaint. And the route to Disney is pleasant.

The Grounds:
Far from spectacular, and likewise for the pool area. Again, we knew this going in.

The Service:
A bit indifferent, but fine.

The Time-share Presentation:
Didn't do it, but I could see it was way bad. First, the concerge said no one ever complains about it. Lie. We ran into 2 people who took it. Hated it. Went out to lunch to look at off site places. They were captives for 4 hours, not 2 as promised. And to make things worse, after lunch, the leader asked the guests to pay the tip. Tacky!

If you can get a place closer to Disney with nicer grounds for a reasonable price, take it. If planning last minute, this is not a bad option. But do not do the timeshare presentation!

Room Tip: The one bedrooms are great.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple