“Amazing!”

Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Buffet
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: W. Sunrise Blvd.
Reviewed 4 February 2018

I'm a huge fan of Mediterranean food and have tried quite a few places around. When someone told me about Al-Salam I just had to try it.
The place is decorated with chandeliers and even though it isn't "fancy", it's very appealing.
Service is prompt although I wouldn't describe it as "friendly" just courteous.
I ordered several small dishes to try and they were all amazing; incredibly tasty and so fresh. My favorite was the one with stuffed grape leaves and beef shawarma.
The Baklava display is impressive and all desserts are incredible.
This is my new favorite place. Strongly recommended.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank adrikitty22

Reviewed 28 January 2018

Filled, and I'm not exaggerating, filled with a vast variety of products. This is the best place to get everything I need to cook my Arabic meals.

Okras, pita bread, birgol (wheat), sweets, deserts, all kind of Arabic nuts, spices, teas and so much more.

From the ingredients to the precooked food you can find it all here.

Prices are wonderful and the service is awesome, everyone was so nice to the customers and they didn't even know I'm Arabic or I understood what they were talking.

The smell of the pita bread when I got home was to die for and I can't wait to go back for more.

Shukran, Thank you!

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank yourhelpfulfoodie
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

This place literally has the best middle eastern food.(Believe me ,I know middle eastern cuisine very well).Try the chicken shwarma and kofta wrap.And MUST try their delicious desserts.Konafa and basboosa

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 29 December 2017

This is a great find. Had the mixed appetizers, mixed grill and spanakopita. Spanakopita were awesome, fried lightly, which made the filo dough crispy and light. The filling was delicous! the spinach was finely chopped and the feta cheese was creamy. Really set the tone for a very positive dining experience. Kibbeh and falafel were delicious, flavorful and moist. Babbaganoush and hummos were very good. The hummos was creamy and lightly flavored. The babbaganoush had a nice texture and was creamy and tasteful.The mousakkah was ok, tomato based, wtih onions, more sweet than spicy. The chicken shish kebab was awesome, nicely spiced, cooked perfectly. The kafta kebab was delicious with interesting spices. Chicken kebab - less interesting. Lamb shish kebab was very good. The spicy (that is flavorful spice, not spicy hot spicy) was AMAZING, full of all sorts of flavors. Tried one pastry, the lady finger, it was good, crispy and sweet, wish it had a little more honey. There is a myriad of dessert possibilities, all made on the premises, just didn't have enough stomach space to eat through them. The service was delightful and I couldn't have felt more welcome. This was just the first visit. Can't wait to go back and try more! This place totally blows away Al Natour (Arabic restauraunt across the street)!

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank Sue K
Reviewed 21 June 2017

I'm always impressed with restaurants that give you free appetizers. This one gave us pickled veggies and a lovely salad before we got our ordered carte. The hummus with olive oil and fresh parsley and warm pita bread was delicious. My mixed grill was good though a little tough. The spicy rice was good. My friends had snapper which was huge and they said it was delectable. However, the lamb shank that one other friend had did not meet her expectations. The waiters need to smile a little bit more. But the desserts made up for that!

Date of visit: June 2017