“Great Italian food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 March 2017

A group of 10 went here for lunch, and have to say it was a nice experience. I had the crab stuffed ravioli, which was amazing! The stuffed clams were huge and great as well. The mozzerella wedges are huge, and to die for!! Will definately be back!

Nick M, Owner at Villa Capri, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2017

4janeh,

Thank you very much for your kind words. They are very much appreciated and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

Stopped by without reservations and they were able to seat us. Yeah.
It's always nice eating at a table with a white tablecloth.
8 of us ate well and enjoyed very good Italian meals.
Our server was a but overwhelmed and had to be reminded to bring us items we had requested. He also forgot a drink order.
We will return.

Nick M, Owner at Villa Capri, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2017

Kathiev-13

Thank you for your kind review. We always strive to give out customers the best possible food and service. I am sorry that the server was a little overwhelmed and the level of service that you received was not top notch. Please ask for me next time you come in and I will make sure your experience and the food you receive is top notch. I look forward to meeting you.

Reviewed 26 February 2017

We were at this restaurant for pizza at lunch the other day which was very good so we decided to take our family there for dinner. First they did not have a very good beer selection, out of most everything. Next we ordered dinner, they did not have any veal which is what we were looking forward too. After our waitress had a discussion with the owner, they found veal, so we ordered 2. It was a little over cooked. We asked for milk for the kids, no milk! Not sure we would ever go back.

2  Thank Susan H
Nick M, Owner at Villa Capri, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

Susan,

First let me say thank you for your comments concerning your recent visit here to the restaurant. We do take all of our customers comments seriously. While we may not always reply to them, we do in fact read each and every one of them.

I was disappointed when I read some of your comments as we do take pride in all of the dishes that we serve. We do cook everything here from scratch. I apologize if your veal was not cooked to your liking.

Please feel free to call me here at the restaurant at 941-697-1313 so that we can discuss what occurred and see what we can do to earn your business back,

Reviewed 23 February 2017

We stopped here for the first time after seeing that it was rated #1 in the area. We were disappointed. The lasagna was mostly cheese and had one slice of pasta that was over cooked the meat sauce was bland. The chicken parm was Ok but the side spaghetti had a bland sauce that tasted like diced tomatoes out of a can. Too many good restaurants in the area to recommend this one.

2  Thank David C

David,

I was sorry to see the review that you left after your recent visit to the restaurant. I want to assure you that it was not typical of the quality of the food that we try and serve here.

We do take all of the reviews seriously and while we may not respond to all of them, they all do in fact get read.

Please call me at 941-697-1313 (restaurant phone number) so that I may discuss with you your recent visit and the issues you encountered. I want us to be able to earn back your business.

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sincerely Your,

Reviewed 22 February 2017

This is the third year in a row that my wife and I have been coming to this area of Florida for a 2-3 month stay and we have always looked forward to or visits to Villa Capri of which there have been many. Sadly, we shall never return after our latest experience there on Sunday evening, which was both disappointing as well as surprising.

The restaurant is open to 9:00 PM and I called ahead to make a 7:30 reservation for 3 (my wife and I plus a guest). Upon arriving on time, I was a bit surprised to see only a few of the tables were occupied. We were seated promptly.

Drink orders were taken and the waitress presented a printed out sheet to each of us with the specials listed. The sheets were dirty with food stains on them and 3 of the 5 specials listed were not correct. My wife and our guest ordered the veal special and I ordered a calamari appetizer for the table and a Shrimp Scampi entree. I asked if the calamari could be served with cocktail sauce and was told no. I asked if there were alternatives besides the marinara sauce and tartar sauce was suggested, which I accepted.

Drinks arrived followed by the calamari, but without the tartar sauce. After waiting for a few minutes without seeing any staff, we started on the calamari, rather than let it get cold. Finally, the tartar sauce arrived just as we were finishing the last pieces of calamari.

Next to arrive was my Shrimp Scampi and the comment, "The veal will be right out". Four or five minutes later, the veal had not arrived and I started in on my entree, with apologies to my wife and our guest. A few minutes later, both veal dishes arrived with the accompanying pasta fagioli (sans pasta!) plus an apology for serving them so long after my meal. We had to ask for steak knives. Unfortunately, the steak knives were useless as the veal was extremely tough - totally inedible. We called the waitress over, told her the veal was unacceptable and asked to see the owner. She asked if we would like the veal dishes redone for us. Not a chance! A young man (who was not the owner) returned and offered to cook up something else for us. My wife ordered the Shrimp Scampi and our guest ordered a pasta dish.

I had long finished my meal when the 2 replacement orders were brought out. We asked the waitress to please pack them up. All of us were more than ready to leave this disaster by now. The bus boy brought the plastic bag with the 2 containers to our table. The bottom of the plastic bag was filled with food from one or both of the containers. Again, we asked to speak to the owner. They were re-packed and returned to us at the table by the same bus boy. The owner did not come out of the back, but sent the same young man out to us. .
At this point, we said we were leaving and to please adjust the bill. The young man returned with a message from the owner that the veal dishes would be taken off the bill. We suggested that the 2 replacement dishes should not be charged to us, but the young man returned again with the message that "since they were served to us in a timely manner, they would not be taken off the bill". We said we were not going to pay for them and to take them off the bill as we did not want them - my wife and our guest had completely lost their appetites as a result of this experience. I felt the owner assumed we were looking for free food, which was definitely not the case!

At this point the waitress showed up with the bill, I added up the amount for only what we had eaten and drank, added a generous tip for the waitress (who had been very sympathetic and even admitted that we had been more than reasonable and polite through the whole experience), left the cash on the table and left.

Aside from the inedible veal dishes, poor service and not being able to serve 3 entrees at the same time, the arrogance displayed by the owner by not talking to us when we requested him to do so was like nothing I had ever experienced before in a restaurant.

The only thing preventing a "Terrible" rating of this restaurant is the fact that my Shrimp Scampi dish was actually quite good.

People need to be very, very wary upon choosing this restaurant to patronize.

2  Thank Elie G

Dear Elie,

I want to thank you for your recent review. We always do appreciate both good reviews and ones that are not as good as it helps us to gauge what we are doing right as well as doing wrong.

I was sorry to hear that your recent experience here was not up to your expectations. We do strive to have happy and satisfied customers.

Please feel free to call me here at the restaurant at 941-697-1313 and we can further discuss the issues that you raised and hopefully we can win back your business.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Owner
Villa Capri Italian, Seafood and Pizza Restaurant.