“Fresh sushi”

Sushi Rock Suniland
Ranked #24 of 49 Restaurants in Pinecrest
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Had not been here for a,while. We looked at the menu and prices had skyrocketed. With that being said all the rolls we ordered were fresh and made to order. The service was also good. Will be back.

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

The sushi is fresh and great. The servings are pretty good size but it is expensive for what you get. I ordered the tuna sashimi and the hosomaki combo. The miso salad was also good. The service, however not so much. We had to wait a long time between the salad and rolls around 45 minutes and they were not that busy. I initially did not know what the appetizer name was and asked the waitress and described what I wanted. She brought me the wrong thing and got upset when I sent it back. After that we got dumped on another waitress. This is probably why the rolls took so long.

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

My wife and I frequented this restaurant for many years, we stoped a couple years ago simply because it was too far from where we lived. When we did come here, we always had a great experience, heathy generous portions, great service, fast and the prices were reasonable. Well, fast forward to last night, we had a sudden craving to want to come out and have some good sushi. I can safely tell you that the experience this time was quite different. Although we were sat right away, and the food is still tasty, everything else went down the tubes... What exactly? well, portions shrunk while prices rose, from the time we ordered our food to the time we actually got it, a whole hour went by. Now, I will say that the server did tell us it would be a little long, but not a whole hour. Not to mention that other tables that were sat after us were getting their food sooner than we were... Very disappointed, was given a small discount for the inconvenience, I will tell you that that was my last visit there, I can not see myself ever going back there.

Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

Went there for dinner one night while in Florida, ordered sushi and it was good. The sushi tasted authentic and they give you a good amount too, couldn't eat it entirely. Service was decent and atmosphere was comfy.

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

This sushi place has been around for years. We have our regular spot but decided to give this a try as we were in the area. It had a nice flow of people which is always a good sign. Presention of the food was on point but... the fish itself was not choice fish. Didn't seem fresh and one of our rolls actually had scraps of tough skin. Our server was nowhere to be found once we got our food so we had to actually bring it to the sushi chef. Returned the roll but still got charged for it. The other rolls we got where average and did not contain items mentioned in the menu. Very disappointed won't be back!

Been to Sushi Rock Suniland? Share your experiences!