Best Western Plus Blue Angel Inn(Pensacola)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$98
US$120
US$108
US$155
US$133
Hampton.com
US$67
Pensacola Victorian Bed and Breakfast(Pensacola)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$89
US$60
US$51
At Home Inn & Suites(Pensacola)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$63
Agoda.com
Sole Inn and Suites(Pensacola)(Great Value!)
US$107
Hotels.com
All reviewscourtyard marriottindoor poolroom was cleancomfortable hotelnight stayfirst floorlobbygraduation
Reviewed 12 March 2015

It's an average Hotel. Like so many others, housekeeping is slamming doors as they clean and banging the vacuum cleaner against my door. This is very common at most hotels. So much for my afternoon nap. They do not have free coffee here, except in the room, but who wants to bother with that. I want to grab a cup on the way out the door. You have to buy their expensive Starbucks coffee. One other thing that really turned me off is the front desk person yelling at me as I came in the door with some groceries , she said "I see you found the liquor store!" Which is conveniently close by. One other thing, my groceries (Beer) were warm when I came home from work the next day. The mini fridge was broken, or off, or something. Next time , it's Hampton Inn for me. There is a nice new one just up the street.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
Kevin B, General Manager at Courtyard Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2015

Erik, thank you for taking the time for your review and we so happy you stayed with us.

Reviewed 6 March 2015 via mobile

The front desk employees were friendly and the rooms were clean and quiet. We had our ten week old puppy with us and there was no problem with him staying with us in our room in his crate. The hotel was close to the interstate and convenient to the Naval Air Station.

• Stayed: February 2015

Thank you so much for your review!! At the Courtyard Pensacola we want all our guests to have the best possible stay so you can have a great lasting memory of your visit to Pensacola, Florida. We hope you come back and stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott in Pensacola, Florida real soon.
Kevin B.

Reviewed 19 February 2015

I spent 3 days at this hotel. I was very pleased with my stay. The staff was very courteous and helpful. I needed to make some changes for a future stay that I could not through the Marriott website, and the manager was most helpful. The rooms are clean and quiet, the bed is firm and comfortable, and the restaurant food and services are excellent. I will be staying here in future weeks.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Kris C
Kevin B, General Manager at Courtyard Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2015

Thank you so much for your review! I am so happy that the staff and myself could give you a great stay and take care of you. It is what we strive to do. We hope you will come back and stay with us again real soon and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 23 January 2015

This is a poorly designed and built property with poor management.
Lets talk about the physical property first. They have a large bathroom, but they put a tiny shower in it. When the door opening is only 15.5" wide when fully open (see photo). The average shoulder width for a male is 18.5". If you are a big/heavy person you will either have to squeeze and push or not take a shower if you stay here. Once in the shower there is no room to bend over so you had better be in shape so that you can bring your legs up (note door will open when you do if you are 5' 11" or taller. There is plenty of floor space not being used on either side of the shower that would allow a full size shower to be installed.
The second major problem is the faucets. The handle hits the shelf above the sink before it is fully turned on. I included a picture of the water flow you get with the faucet turned to Hot when it hits the shelf. You can get more by forcing the handle but if you let go the shelf pushes it back down. This wouldn't be so bad if it was a new installation, but I complained about this over 18 months ago and it is still the same. There are numerous ways to easily fix this, grinding a clearance, cutting a hole above the faucet, installing the shelf at the correct height, etc.
The management at this hotel also doesn't want you to touch anything. If you put a blanket on the bed, they will take it back off and put it back in the bag; if you take the comforter off the bed they will put it back on; if you move the tissues anywhere other than where they want them (back of the toilet) then they will put them back; the same goes for trash cans, etc. When I asked management about this they said "We get inspected by Marriott and everything has to be where they want it. We HAVE to put everything back every day."
Luckily, in my 40+ years of traveling this is the only Marriott property that thinks this. In Fact there are two other Marriott properties right next door, the Springhill Suites that I moved to when I checked out of the Courtyard and the Towne Place Suites that I reviewed in December 2014. Both of these hotels received very good reviews from me. They place their guests comfort and convenience over the housekeeping and managements OCD. As they are right next door I highly recommend you stay there instead of the Courtyard.

Room Tip: Stay at one of the Marriott Properties next door.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank DCSDon
Kevin B, General Manager at Courtyard Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2015

Don, Thank you for your input about your stay. As per our conversation at the front desk I refunded you two nights of your stay and I apologize for the issues that you had. Our hotel is designed and built by Marriott's designs to the smallest detail and they come twice a year to verify these details. However, what is important to me is not Marriott's standards but you, our guest standards and I am very sorry that I did not meet yours. You have word I will take this list and go over every issue you had in this room with my staff. Thank you for staying with me the entire time that you did even with all the issues you were having.

Reviewed 9 January 2015

To begin with this place is near the airport and major traffic. There is a lot of ambient noise. The construction is pretty "thin walled" and we could hear a lot of noise from upstairs. The room was clean. The mattress was not comfortable. The staff was pleasant, but in no hurry. There is food on the premises, but we chose to go elsewhere. No complimentary breakfast. As others have said "adequate, but I would not stay again"

Room Tip: Take the third floor to avoid overhead noise
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Kevin B, General Manager at Courtyard Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2015

Dear Sir, thank you for your input and I apologize for the issues that you had and we are also four miles from the airport and I am sorry for any noise that you had heard.