“Tucked Away Gem”

Ranked #90 of 738 Restaurants in Pensacola
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The food here was delicious and fresh. I had grilled shrimp, and there are a few more items they can grill, but most are fried. Not greasy, hush puppies they give you when you sit down were excellent. Service was fast and friendly. Gorgeous view of Bayou Texar out the windows, the place is right on the water. Boats can pull up and the people can come in to dine. Very good experience!

Reviewed 24 September 2018

I lunched with 7 others that have been going there for years and a couple of them most of their lives. I am not a lover of Oysters but everyone else enjoyed them; I think they brought out 4 trays and their wasn't a single one left. Then we had our meals, most of them ordered the Fried Mullet, I ordered Grilled Shrimp but did taste the Grilled Mullet. I had a bad experience with Mullet some 20 years ago I was reluctant but very surprised at how good it was.

They have good selection on the menu and the prices are more than reasonable. Family owned and operated in the same location since 1969, which proves they must be good because there are too many other places to choose to go.

If ever, I am back there, I will order the Grilled Mullet.

1  Thank brendai24257
Reviewed 24 August 2018

I have been coming to Pensacola for my whole 63 years and had never heard of or eaten at the Marina Oyster Barn. I saw the good reviews on trip advisor and yelp and they had been in business since 1969. I said they must know how to cook seafood if they had been in business that long. My friend and I went for Friday lunch. Friend ordered fried shrimp poor boy and I ordered the fried catfish slaw and hush puppies. Every thing we got was fresh, hot, and very good. Breading on catfish and shrimp was crispy and crunchy. Slaw was fresh and not overwhelming with vinegar as some places serve. The restaurant sits on the east bank of Bayou Texar and I bet the sunset views are fantastic. I told the ladies at the checkout that this was my first time coming and would not be my last. It is not a very large restaurant but we didn't feel crowded out in the dining area.

Reviewed 23 August 2018

Ordered a dozen of the Supreme Steamed Oyster's - breaded with cheese and a shrimp salad. The shrimp salad was good, but the oysters...oh my goodness. I used a spoon to get every drop of the broth. I would definitely recommend the oysters. Yummm!

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

We went let on a Tuesday night and the food was still great. The fried shrimp and mullet were awesome. Their Cole slaw still has a weird taste to me so I get the baked beans were are good.

The only complaint was since it was close to closing the wait staff seemed more interested in picking up other tables than helping us.

But for fresh seafood it is a great place to eat.