“An institution on the water”
Review of Marina Oyster Barn

Marina Oyster Barn
Ranked #116 of 695 Restaurants in Pensacola
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Always a fun place to go meet family and friends. Check Facebook for oyster specials- they were great this time of year!

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Prayed my favorite oyster spot wouldn't be closed for the Holidays! Great food and view of Bay make this a perfect lunch spot. Closed on Monday & Tuesday.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Since we were visiting Pensacola, we went here for dinner for the first time in years. We will not wait so long in the future. We (three couples) really enjoyed our dinner. Started with a variety appetizer of oysters. Each different oyster "style" was delicious. There are probably ten different ways to order oysters. Among the six of us, we had a variety of seafood and southern dishes. Everyone was very happy with their meal. Plenty of food at reasonable prices. We'll be back again.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

We went to The Marina Oyster Bar for lunch today as we just wanted some mullet. Our timing was set sa as to skip the lunch crowd so we arrived at1:30 PM. With just a few of us eating at this time there were plenty of tables and it has a nice view of Bayou Texar.
Upon giving our order to our server we were served a plate with 4 Hush-puppies as an appetizer. Our drinks were brought out and in just a few more minutes our lunch was served freshly prepared. We Ordered the Luncheon mullet plate ($8.95) that came with two sides so we had fries and Cheese grits and both had cole slaw. The mullet is fried a little bit different than I do as I use only corn meal and they use a Corn flour, which was tasted. The cold slaw is like a bunch of cubed cabbage with a lighter dressing, the fries have seasoned flour mixture on them. The cheesy Grits were very good also. Being we each drink water our bill was under $20. Very good meal for this price and the mullet tasted fresh.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Being the son of a fourth-generation Pensacola native, and a seafood and oyster nut, I always chose this place for my "Seafood Shack" fix when in the area. After a recent visit, I probably have taken the cure. Since I'm nearing 70, there have probably been a few changes in management and it shows in the menu. I ordered the fried shrimp and they came out Tempura Style.....this was still a hanging offense prior to the early 1950's. Plates for evening service have gone to 3-compartment paper plates, but the silverware is not plastic yet. $15.00 for the shrimp plate and the cook was not able to fill the small side-order compartments because the plate couldn't "take the pressure". Tempura-style batter was an excellent sponge for the frying oil but did not add much to the flavor of the shrimp. Hush puppies were precooked about an hour ago and came from a foil pan with an aluminum-foil cover set out on the counter....No heat lamp. I watched the oyster shucker shuck my wife's oysters and the waitress brought them over immediately. They were about 10 degrees cooler than room temperature of approximately 78 degrees. This may still be a hanging offense! Cheese grits used to be the best in Pensacola....not any more. Experience did not hurt my mouth as much as it hurt my Heart....A very old and pleasant memory dying a very sad death.

2  Thank c w