“Bad 1st impression ”

Ranked #93 of 710 Restaurants in Pensacola
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Well we had heard from several friends about this restaurant. The highlight was the only waitress working who was literally running to get the job done.
We ordered oyster stew and some fried seafood. The oysters in the stew were over cooked and had a rubbery texture. The shrimp were battered which I did not care for. Most restaurants in the area only lightly dust them with corn meal. The fried oysters were also overcooked. Well we won't be back.

2  Thank John D

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

I called to make reservations the lady said they don't take reservations then hung up without a good bye. So we go anyway. There were lots of people waiting. I ask the hostess how long the wait would be and she couldn't give me a time with attitude in her voice. I'm all about supporting local businesses but this one will not get my business.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

My husband and I make sure that every time we are in Pensacola, we make a special trip to Marina Oyster Barn. He used to do this just for me, but now he really enjoys it for himself. When I used to live here in the 70's, I used to come with my family almost weekly for the Mullet. It still brings back wonderful memories of dinner with my parents, who are no longer with me. So glad that things have not changed much with this restaurant. Even though they have had to redo the inside several times, due to hurricanes...it is pretty much they way it was back then.
The Mullet has always been my favorite and is still wonderful! My husband really likes the Grouper and orders it each and every time. As always, wait staff is always great and attentive. This will continue to be a trek for us with every trip back home!

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

I loved the grilled shrimp and stuffed crab. Atmosphere is great, water view from most booths. Nice way to wrap up the day. Great joint!

Reviewed 21 July 2017

Two businessmen seated behind us, loudly walked out shouting "rip off"! I wish we had joined them!