Comfort Inn - Pensacola / N Davis Hwy(Pensacola)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$178
US$155
Hampton.com
Best Western Plus Blue Angel Inn(Pensacola)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$222
US$207
US$151
Hotels.com
All reviewskitchen areaworked greatcorry stationchecking inroom was clean and comfortablekitchenettenavynas
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed here in 2016 for Thanksgiving and had a fairly pleasant stay, though the hotel was older, it was clean and the staff was friendly. Since they are also pet friendly, I chose to give this establishment my business again for my family’s winter vacation. This year’s experience was rough. There was a bad smell in the hallways and in the room, there were bugs, and the overall hotel seemed to be in rough shape. Maybe this is a good low cost option if you need a longer stay (a few weeks) and don’t mind setting some bug traps, but for a short family vacation I would seek elsewhere.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2018

From the outside, we thought we had made a pretty good decision but upon checking in and going to our room through looooong corridor which would have been perfect as a horror movie.
The room was dated, a little bit on the dirty side and really not inviting at all.
The floors were stained and walls really needed some maintenance.

The lady on the front desk tried really hard .
The location is close to the Naval base which is its only really advantage.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2017

GERMAN ROACHES! BEWARE! Entire second floor smells of cigarettes, mold & something sickly sweet. There are nats. The room smelled better than the hallway. There was a soda bottle cap in the pillowcase. Then I grabed a towel after showering to find hair in the folded towel! One long black hair and tiny curled black hair (wonder what that was). And THEN THE ROACHES. I stayed 2 nights. First night I saw one roach. I was disgusted and panicked the entire night. I informed the desk and was offered reward points. Later I talked to the woman who originally checked me in- she offered me about half my money back on one night. The second night- the roaches knew I ratted them out and it was a free for all! I killed a dozen roaches- took pictures and video! If it wasn't so chilly, I would've slept in my car! Most disgusting hotel I've ever stayed in! BEWARE! I stayed 11.24.17 to 11.26.17 and paid $70 a night. Room 225

Room Tip: Sleep in your car instead! Stay anywhere else
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 November 2017

I cannot comprehend the number of average and above average ratings for this hotel. I've stayed in a lot of hotels and this place was very far below average. I will never stay here again!

The lobby, hall, and room had a bad smell. The room was dirty with stained and dingy floors and walls. The bedding was stained - bottom and top sheets on both beds had multiple stains. The cabinets, walls, flooring, and moulding were all in really bad condition - wear and tear over many years that had gone without even basic repair and upkeep. The mattress was collapsed in the center. There were three chairs but one of them was very heavily stained.

The HVAC vent look really dirty and moldy. It was cold so we tried to use the heat but it blew an awful burning smell into the room, presumably due to dust and mold on the heating element.

The room was so bad the the only thing I wanted to do there was go directly to sleep, wake up, shower, and leave. I couldn't bear being awake and thinking about where I was.

Also it's not in a great neighborhood. We were followed into the parking lot by a truck around 11PM. The truck stopped behind us after we parked, blocking us in. They came up to the window to ask for gas money.

The only good things I can say are that the shower had good pressure, and there were no bugs.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Hello, we stayed at this property a total of 11 nights (10) plus (1) two weeks later. It is not in a good area but close to the Navy base if you're visiting. Clientele at hotel seems to be mostly families and military so that's all ok. Rooms are large enough and have kitchenettes. During our first stay we could not room service for 3-4 days and towels were in short supply. They claimed to be short staffed but I overheard the desk crew tell 2 different people inquiring about jobs that they were fully staffed. I had problems with "Virginia" at the check out this a.m. When she tried to lay fault with us because the new computer system wasn't working well. And in fact they charged two preauthorizations to one of my card and yet used a different one all together. This staff member tends to talk over you and interrupt you and doesn't seem to know professional desk etiquette or understand that I am the paying customer. Very unprofessional. I would give this property a 5 out of 10 and will not stay here again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family