Lowest prices for your stay
US$161
US$161
FindHotel
US$155
Hotels.comUS$161
TravelocityUS$161
Lol.travelUS$177
All reviews front desk davis hwy waffles staff was very friendly free breakfast stayed nights convenient location anita carey clerk
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 April 2022

Very pleased with their service, cleanliness, bed comfort and their fantastic breakfast!! (bacon, eggs, waffles, strong coffee….etc).
Location is very convenient if you need a hotel for the night on your way to Texas from Florida (next to 10 west).

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Leo Desai, General Manager at Comfort Inn Pensacola - University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Greetings Gloria A,

We are so happy you had a wonderful experience; comfortable beds, great breakfast

and convenient location. Please come again if you’re in the area.

Thanks,

Reviewed 4 April 2022 via mobile

Desk person, Whitney Miller went above and beyond to make us happy. We are retired DOD employees and stayed in a lot of hotels.
We had never met her before but she made us feel at home all four nights we stayed. She found a room to meet special need

Room tip: Great Mexican food across the parking lot.
Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello Jimsrib

Our entire staff appreciates your business. We love it when our guests have a wonderful experience.

Whitney say’s thanks for such kind review. You’re Welcome at Comfort Inn anytime.

Reviewed 24 March 2022

This hotel is right off I-10 and there is plenty of parking. It is within a couple miles of the University. Prices are reasonable. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I was upgraded to a suite without an extra charge. Room was very clean. I was in a room facing Davis Hwy but never heard the traffic.

Greetings SSKroll,

It was our pleasure to accommodate your Family and provide great hospitality.

You’re always welcome at Comfort Inn.

Thanks

Reviewed 22 March 2022

We stayed 4 nights at the hotel. The property was very well maintained. It looked like new inside and out. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The most amazing thing was the staff. They truly epitomize true southern hospitality. Miss Anita, Whitney, Marie, Carey and all the staff seemed like family. Whitney even helped us play a joke on one of our own family members. It is close to Pensacola beach as well as 5 Flags Speedway. Lots of restaurants in the area as well. We hope to return next year and if we do, we will only stay at this property.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank You Mr. Dan for writing such a wonderful review.

Everyone had so much fun with your racing group.

Hope to see you next year!

Reviewed 1 February 2022

I wasn't even going to take the time to write a review on this property but after an interesting phone call from a maybe-manager I thought I should. My mom and I stayed here for a night last week while traveling through Pensacola. I read reviews on Trip Advisor and they looked mostly good so I thought it'd be a good choice, so I booked through their website. Our first impression walking through the lobby to the front desk was that the lobby floor was dirty, you could tell it had not been cleaned in awhile with spots here and there and just a dull appearance. The lobby furniture appeared old, a little ratty, and outdated. Not that big a deal to me, as we don't spend a lot of time in the lobby of a hotel but it does not give a great first impression for arriving guests. The front desk clerk was sweet and friendly but was not wearing a mask-not surprising because it is Florida and mask wearing is not common practice here, but surprising because the website clearly states that masks are required for employees and guests. There were other guests we saw while checking in and they did not have masks on either. Our room on first glance looked ok-not very modern furniture and seemed very worn, chipped paint on doorways, etc. We have made a practice of taking a Clorox wipe to surfaces, doorknobs, light switches, etc when we enter a hotel room and after doing this in the room, there was some darkness on the cloth. We also saw pubic hairs in the bathroom, which sadly is seeming to become the standard in hotels since this pandemic started. Rooms just aren't being cleaned like they used to be. Again, it's gross but not a super big deal to us, as it seems to becoming the norm and we were just there for one night. Beds were very comfortable. Next morning, we noticed on the elevator on the way down, that the floor was very dirty here too (didn't notice it so much on the night before). There was plastic wrappers on the floor, a wet substance in another area and sticky spots also. We checked out, same front desk clerk as the night before, still not wearing a mask. She was the only employee we saw the entire stay so I can't say if anyone else wears masks. If she had asked how our stay was, I might have mentioned that some areas need to be cleaned, but she didn't ask and it wasn't that big a deal to us to where we would complain, especially when we are only there for a quick sleep and then on our way.
I didn't think anything else about it until a few mornings later, I received an email from Comfort Inn with a link to take a survey, so I thought I could mention what I thought needed to be worked on at this property, as I know it's not standard for most Comfort Inns in my experience. A few hours later, I receive a phone call from someone whose name I didn't catch. I'm assuming she was a manager. From the get-go, you could tell her hackles were raised about something. She asked me if I had filled out a survey and proceeded to read back to me what I had written. You could tell in her tone that this woman was angry. She stated that what I had written was not the standard for the hotel and she was surprised by my review. The first part of the conversation, with her long pauses and tone of voice, it was almost as though she was accusing me of either fabricating my experience or exaggerating maybe, and was waiting for me to back down. I told her, yes, that's what I wrote, that was what we witnessed. She wanted to know, did we call the front desk to complain or ask to speak to a manager, she said to find a pubic hair in the bathroom, that she would not have stayed in that room, why would we not have called down to the front desk to make them aware of all these issues? I stated that I didn't think in that situation it would have done any good, that rooms all over the country aren't being cleaned properly right now, it's not just this hotel; it was late, we were tired. She stated-"So you assumed, Mizz Spears, that we wouldn't have done anything. We expect our guests to tell us these issues so we can fix them". I asked her what the front desk clerk could have done in that situation. She said she could have moved us to another room. (Ok, that might have resolved the pubic hair in the bathroom situation, but why would we expect the room next to that one to not have the same issue? and what was the desk clerk going to do about a hotel whose public area floors need a good cleaning at 9:00 at night?) I responded that a guest's expectations are that a room and hotel is going to be clean. I shouldn't have to tell them that the lobby floor is dirty-they can and should notice that with their own eyes. I tried to help her out by saying I know help is hard to come by right now everywhere, she interrupted (which was the theme of the entire 10+ min conversation, I had to ask her at one point if I could please speak) stating that they have plenty of help there and their floors are cleaned regularly by a crew that comes in and they also spot-clean them. So that's dissappointing, to hear that the hotel does have adequate help, yet the floors still looked like that. Maybe they need to evaluate the employees' work. If the "adequate" help can walk around the hotel and think that what they see is acceptable, that is sad. When the mask issue was brought up, her response was-well was she working alone or were there 2 clerks behind the desk? I said it was only her, she said well, that's why, our policy is that if there is more than one, they have to wear masks, if they are working alone, they don't have to. I said your website does not state that, and what about the guests?? She is only feet away from us. She said-well there's a plexiglass partition there. I said in an airborne virus, that does absolutley nothing. I think she realized how weak her argument was there because she did end up saying she understood how that would concern me. But she did not apologize or state they would change their practices (despite what they advertize on their website). She steered the conversation away from that issue. It was becoming a ridiculous conversation, at one point I asked her what was the point of this phone call? She abruptly ended the call with a generic-thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future. It was a little odd. One would think when a negative review is given, that the phone call they recieve would be from a manager calling to maybe apologize or maybe obtain more information and then apologize. That's not at all what this phone call was about. She was accusatory, she was condescending, she was rude, she lacked phone ettiquite, she was highly defensive, and she did her hotel a disservice by placing that phone call. Like I said, I wouldn't have even given the place a second thought (you can see from past reviews I haven't reviewed anything in years anyway since today) but after being berated for over 10 minutes, I thought no, other guests need to know about this. She could have called to apologize and tell me the issues had been rectified (as if I'd ever know), but she called with a different agenda. What a sad state our customer service industry has come to in this country. The "issues" she said I should have brought to their attention during our stay were basic cleanliness "issues" that should not have to be addressed. They should be the baseline norm. Issues that need to be addressed when staying in a hotel IMO are things like an a/c not working, lightbulbs burnt out, a fridge not working, loud noises from guests in the late hours, etc. Our "issues" could have been a simple fix but instead she chose to handle it a different way. Shame on Comfort Inn for employing this woman. She needs to be re-trained in the management role. I work in healthcare, making daily phone calls. If I had ever spoken to a client the way this woman spoke to me as a guest, I would have been immediately let go.

So, to summarize a needlessly long review, this hotel is fine for a one night stay, but if you're a clean freak, look elsewhere. Comfortable beds, questionable cleaning practices, non-COVID compliant, good location, but very overpriced for what you get. So I give 3 stars for the hotel itself, and a 1 for the way the "manager" handled a simple situation.

Date of stay: January 2022
Guest Relation Manager, General Manager at Comfort Inn Pensacola - University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2022

Greetings Ms. Spears,

We apologize to you again that your stay was not to your satisfaction. Please know that we care about every guest experience is the reason you initially received a call. It is a common practice and routine which most guests appreciate. Providing excellence hospitality matters to us.

We desire that you be completely satisfied from the time you checked in to the time you check out. Our primary goal is to ensure guests have a quality stay. Unfortunately, you never allowed us an opportunity to properly correct your complaints or bring matters to our attention because you assumed nothing would be done and failed to address
with staff or Management during the course of your stay. Had you simply communicated all the various issues we would have immediately resolved without hesitation to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. We have always resolved guest
complaints with a resolution 100% to Guest Satisfaction. The review was shared with our entire professional staff to improve
all areas of hospitality services.