All reviewstwo bedroom suitefront desklong staycooking utensilsmarriott rewardsa pet friendly hotelroom was cleanthe breakfast areahot breakfastwould stay here againcordova mallhousekeeping stafffree breakfastchecking outenjoyed my staydishwashergigi
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel from March 15-18. I don’t know th young lady’s name that cleaned my room on 3/16 but she was AWESOME! I wish I could have added her name to my review. I stayed in room 119, if that helps. We had a do not knock sign in the door but when she saw me coming out she asked if there was anything she could do for me. She came in to empty my trash and provided fresh linens. I had forgotten the sign was on the door. She went over and beyond the call of duty and I appreciate that! The hallways could use some airfresheners; however. But overall was a good stay and the hotel was nice and clean.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
tpspensacola, Manager at TownePlace Suites Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Hello hylefavored,
We are glad to know that your stay was pleasant and that our housekeeping staff took great care of you. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority, we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Pensacola area. Safe travels always!

Reviewed 22 March 2018

When you book this it will tell you that it has a queen size bed in the room. The ancient mattress you will be subjected to is actually a full. It says so on the fitted sheet. The front desk will try to convince you that it is really a "hotel queen" and will not be happy when you don't take their answer. The tag on the sheets doesn't lie. Yes, I contacted Marriott customer care and the hotel's response was wholly unsatisfactory. As you'll read in other reviews, they are just out to collect your payment not to make their customers feel valued.

Overall, the hotel is updated but aging. There were stains on the bathroom floors and the breakfast is mediocre with a tiny and oddly-shaped area to eat in. The walls are thin... be prepared to hear your neighbors. There is also only one elevator, so I'd suggest the stairs.

There are many other hotels in this area that are newer, cleaner, and operated by a caring staff. Don't sleep uncomfortable, sleep somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear amysZ9632KY,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We regret that we were not able to meet your expectations during your stay and for that we sincerely apologize. This hotel opened 10 years ago under Marriott license with all queen beds in our suites, all beds are the same size (60"x80"). Marriott has other brands that offer multiple bed types (Courtyard, SpringHill Suites) to accommodate all guests preferences. The experience you described is not characteristic of the level of service our associates strive to provide, as an extended stay brand we work diligently to make all our guests feel like home. We have addressed the issue of the bathroom floor stains with the housekeeping and maintenance departments, we appreciate your feedback to help us resolve this.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

So, I travel for work. I see a lot of mid level budget hotels and to a certain extent, they are all the same. Mostly, I just care if they are quiet. But When i checked into here, the staff was a tremendous delight from the jump. The housekeeping staff were patient and understanding with our needs (we were doing interviews for a TV documentary in the rooms), the woman who set up breakfast was cheery and welcoming. And my special praise goes to Silvia and Johanna (forgive me, I don't recall the spelling) who were front desk staff and were FANTASTIC, and so incredibly kind, friendly and helpful. I have stayed at 5 star hotels and received vastly inferior service.

It's a cliche to say it but it's heartfelt: this place made me feel at home.

It also helped that the kitchenette had a full sized fridge and you could borrow anything from a rice cooker to a blender to a slow cooker to scrabble. Again, such things go a long way to making one feel at home and i ate very very healthyfully thanks to the large fridge and blender.

Also: dogs. It's a pet friendly hotel and I've never seen so many dogs in one hotel, which if you like pets, makes this place a bit of a destressor for the road warrior. I wish I had brought my pup.

Thanks again, especially S and J, for making a stressful work trip a very enjoyable experience!

(Only concern: i think one or two of the weights are missing from the exercise rooms. i wasn't able to do a few of my workout moves as there was only one in the category i needed. )

Stayed: March 2018

Hello Buffy C,
What a pleasant surprise to read your review! We are glad we fulfilled your expectations and made your stay memorable. Our goal is to provide the road warriors with a home away from home and it makes all of us happy to know we accomplished it during your stay. Our something borrow program is new to the brand and we are happy to know you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again, maybe on vacation with your pup!

Reviewed 17 March 2018

We stayed here for 3 nights. Our experience was mostly good. First, the location is convenient. The room was large and allowed us to spread out. It was clean but not spotless. The bed was pretty comfortable. The breakfast area is TINY. Food is pretty typical and just ok. They allow pets which is great for those with dogs. Not so great for us who have to listen to them bark. Staff was nice. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Hello MorgansInTennessee,
We apreciate you sharing your experience about your recent stay at out location. We a re glad you had plenty of room to enjoy with the family and that our beds provided you with a good night sleep. We are proud to be the best pet friendly hotel in town and we accommodate all fury guests traveling with their owners for leisure or business. We apologize for the noise experienced during your stay, and also thank you for the kind words regarding our staff. We are looking forward to see you again during future trips.

Reviewed 2 December 2017

We stayed a holiday weekend here while visiting my Marine at the Navy Base. This area is safe for families and that's what we were looking for.
The hotel is fabulous for any family traveling with the furry ones. *Tip* Ask for room 123- it is on the side of the building right by a door which makes getting the dog in & out super easy.
The hotel was quiet, we never heard other visitors besides the little kid that was thumping around in the room above us. Parking is easy and plentiful. Wifi worked wonderfully. Breakfast was fabulous for such a small place! The fitness room was adequate though small. The rooms were modern and functional, clean but not spotless. The TV was a pain in the neck but I suppose that's a minor issue.
Cordova mall is less than 2 miles away, plenty of food choices in the area, a couple of large dept stores just across the street. Easy commute to & from NAS Pens and no worries about your safety.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family