“Almost Beachfront”

Ocean Breeze By The Sea
Ranked #35 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Not quite beachfront property, but for the value, walking across the street to the beach is worth it. Breakfast was included in the room price, and the room was adequate and clean. If we return to this area, we will upgrade to a higher end hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank ChanelRemy
Management response:Responded 14 August 2017

Dear ChanelRemy,
Thank you for your kind review of Ocean Breeze By the Sea. The team and I appreciate your review and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 9 August 2017

This hotel was a good value for a hotel that is almost on the beach.
It is an easy walk to the beach to enjoy a fun day in the sun in Florida. The beaches on the Gulf of Mexico in this area are known for their sugar like sand. Over-all 3.5

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 14 August 2017

Dear ChanelLeia,
Than you for your kind review. The team and I are grateful and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

My stay here during July was ok. The hotel was clean and not far from the beach. The staff however did not clean our room frequently, we had to ask them to clean our room and get fresh towels. The beach/pool area was nice but the staff there weren't very friendly. Overall average, but I would probably stay somewhere else.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Cynthia H, Front Office Manager at Ocean Breeze By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear Alicia,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I regret that you did not completely enjoy your stay. At By The Sea Resorts we strive to deliver an exceptional experience. Again, thank you for the feedback and we hope you come to see us again soon.

Best Regards,
Cindy Hoover

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

My stay was terrible, definitely not worth the money. All of the workers here were sketchy and not knowledgeable about anything. I asked the front desk lady about three questions and to each of my questions her answers were well I don't know. You have to talk to housekeeping or you have to talk to the night manager. I don't understand how someone at front desk, the face of the hotel basically knows NOTHING. why are you even at work? Next, there was a worker who every time we looked around he was right there. Either following us until we entered our room or acting like he's fixing a lightbulb or something outside of the door. I felt very uncomfortable here. All of my valuables I took with me everywhere just because I didn't want anything to come up missing. They had a safe in the room but it didn't work..parking at night is horrible, my first night it took me 30 before I could get a spot to park my car and the following nights I didn't drive I just took uber. The only good thing about my stay was that the beach is in walking distance. Oh and if you aren't 25+ be prepared to pay an additional fee they don't tell you about.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cynthia H, Front Office Manager at Ocean Breeze By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. i do regret that you did not completely enjoy your stay and I do apologize for the inconsistencies in service you experienced. The team and I do hope you think about us for the future and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Regards,
Cindy Hoover

Reviewed 1 July 2017

The Hotel was across the street from the beach with construction to improve the road. The Front desk staff was adequate but nothing spectacular to rave about. There is a small breakfast area that has the best automatic oatmeal machine. The room was comfortable and in a great location on the top floor. A nice place for a quick 1 night getaway to the beach.

Room Tip: Higher floor has a nice view.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 2 July 2017

Dear kensegal,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Ocean Breeze, a By The Sea Resort. The team and were happy to read you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed your time on the Emerald Coast. We love the oatmeal machine too! We hope you join us next time for bite at Barefoot Bar & Grill located on the Gulf of Mexico. See you soon!

Warm Regards,